Hair is a reflection on the overall condition of your body. A healthy and well-nourished body reflects in bouncy and healthy hair. Healthy Hair care encompasses a wide range of treatments ranging from preventive hair care to tips for maintaining long hair. Because healthy hair is dependent on the health of the scalp (hair requires a plentiful supply of nutrient-rich blood to nourish the hair follicles in the scalp) it makes sense that eating nutritionally balanced meals will promote healthy follicles and healthy hair growth.
Herbs For Healthy Hair
1. Rosemary: Enhances dark hair.
2. Burdock Root: Promotes hair growth and reduces hair from falling out.
3. Chamomile: Promotes healthy hair growth.
Home Hair Treatments
Here are some herbal homemade hair treatments and natural home remedies for hair, which have also stood the test of time:
1. When your hair looks very stressed, nettles are a wonderful tonic and detox. Infuse dried nettle leaves (some health food stores now carry nettle tea bags) and drink the tea. The infusion can also be used as a hair rinse.
2. Home remedy for conditioning your blond hair – To shine and condition blond hair, rinse in chamomile tea. Add one teaspoon of lemon juice to a liter of tea for extra shine.
3. If your hair is very dry, infusions of elderflower, parsley or sage is a great home remedy for dry, frizzy hair and it will calm the frizz and restore moisture.
4. Greasy or oily hair will benefit from a rinse made with lemon balm, rosemary, lavender or mint. All these herbs will calm the scalp and reduce the sebum production. Learn more about natural remedy or shampoo for oily hair.
5. Red heads add highlights to their hair by using a strong infusion of calendula (marigold) as a hair rinse.
6. A rinse made with sage will darken brown hair as will an infusion of rosemary. Both can also be used to darken gray hair, giving a brown tint.