Gradual thinning of the hair is worrisome to many as a shining bouncy mane has a significant contribution in defining the beauty of an individual specially women. The thinning of hair results in low self esteem and people are always ready to spend good amount of money to restore the lost beauty either by purchasing expensive hair care products or going for special salon treatments. The result is sometimes satisfactory but in many cases these artificial treatments brings in frustration.
Very few people think of getting rid of the basic causes responsible for the thinning of the hair before starting the external applications, as the treatment should be carried out both internally and externally. Losing 50-100 hairs daily is normal and that does not lead to hair thinning as this loss is gradually replaced by a new crop.
Deficiency of vitamins and minerals, under nourishment, severe mental stress, prolonged illness, certain medications and hormonal imbalances are the main causes for the thinning of the hair, sometimes the genetic factors also contributing in it.
Down through the history, the herbal treatments have been considered to be the most efficient way to enhance the beauty of the hair or to prevent its thinning out. Modern age people are also adopting the same treatments and the results are undoubtedly been satisfactory. Application of either the dried herbs or the essential oils gives good results in restoring the crowning glory. But the oils should be diluted before applying on the scalp.
1. Basil is an aromatic herb that soothes the nerves and relieves anxieties. Applying its juice on the scalp improves the blood circulation adding luster to the hair.
2. Burdock is rich in essential fatty acids and phytosterols that improve the scalp condition promoting hair growth. Its nourishing and antibacterial properties also help in removing dandruff.
3. Horsetail is rich in silica and phytosterols that keeps the hair follicles healthy and prevents excess oil secretion in the scalp.
4. Stinging Nettle prevents the hair thinning due to genetic conditions. It fights with the male hormone that is responsible for hair loss and shrinking of the follicles. Due to its antifungal properties it stimulates the blood circulation of the scalp.
5. Cedar wood oil has rejuvenating effects that helps in the follicle growth and improves the oxygen supply in the scalp.
6. Rosemary oil is sweet smelling oil that speeds up the growth of hair. It increases the moisture in the scalp and prevents dandruff.
7. Ylang ylang oil helps in stress reduction by relaxing the nervous system. It controls the production of sebum and maintains a healthy scalp for long time.
A balanced and nutritious diet must be accompanied with these herbal treatments to keep the hair beautiful and attractive for ever.