Rheumatism is the painful state of the supporting structures of the body like muscles, ligaments, tendons and joints. It is an acute and chronic illness that affects people of all ages of both sexes. It can be grouped under two classes.
It affects the muscles and is less common among people.
It affects the joints and is mostly common among children and young people in acute form. In chronic form it mostly affects the adults.
Causes of Rheumatism
* Poisoning of blood with acid wastes
* Physically stressful work
* Damp weather conditioner
* Acid-alkaline imbalance (Acidosis)
Home Remedies for Rheumatism
* Raw potato juice is an excellent home and food remedy for rheumatism. 2-3 teaspoonful of juice should be taken before meals.
* Add one-tablespoon of cod liver oil to the juice of orange, whip and drink before going to bed at night.
* Dissolve two teaspoons apple cider vinegar and 2-3 teaspoons of honey in a small glass of warm water and take it once or twice in a day.
* Mix camphor, methyl salicylate, eucalyptus oil and menthol to make a rubbing mixture for aches.
* Mix fresh carrot juice with equal parts of lemon juice and take one large spoonful everyday for rheumatism treatment .
* Take one tablespoon of fresh limejuice in two tablespoons of water at night and morning for rheumatism treatment.
* Make a rub by mixing 1 oz. of oil of wintergreen, 3 oz. chloroform, and 12 oz. of rubbing alcohol for rheumatism treatment. Rub this mixture on the affected areas.
* Mix three lemons and three tablespoons Epsom salts in one pint of warm water and take one-teaspoonfull in morning and one at night.
* Minerals like calcium and magnesium, vitamin C should be included in the diet for rheumatism treatment as these nutrients enhance the process of healing.
Anodynes for Rheumatism Treatment
* Blackcurrant leaf tea
Crumple a handful of fresh or dried leaves into a teapot of fresh or dried leaves into a teapot of boiling water and infuse for 10-15 minutes.
* Dandelion tea
Boil 25-30 grams of dandelion root for 20-25 minutes in 900-1000 ml of water. Then strain and drink half of cup twice in a day