The prostrate gland is a male gland situated at the base of urinary bladder and around the starting of urethra. The gland plays very important role in normal sexual life and its function is to secrete a fluid that is added to semen during sexual intercourse. Nearly one-third of all men above 50 years of age suffer from prostrate disorders.
Various types of prostrate disorders:
* Prostatitis (inflammation in the prostrate gland )
Prostatitis inflammation in the prostrate gland or is common among men of all ages. It is caused by bacteria that can enter prostrate gland from other part of the body. Another factor is due to the hormonal changes with the age. It can be acute or chronic. This causes the bladder to become distended, weak, tender, and itself susceptible to infection.
* Hypertrophy (enlargement of the prostrate gland )
With the agea man’s testosterone and free testosterone levels decrease and the levels of hormones prolactin and estradiol, increase and this results in an increase in the amount of dihydrotestosterone a very potent form of testosterone. This causes an overproduction of prostate cells, which results in prostate enlargement.
Causes of prostrate gland disorders
* Prolonged periods of sitting
* Infectious diseases
* Irritation of the gland due to excessive sexual excitement
Home Remedies for prostrate gland disorders
* Pumpkin seeds are effective home remedy to cure prostrate problems. These seeds are rich in unsaturated fatty acids that are essential to the health of the prostrate.
* Tomatoes act as the preventative measure for men by preventing the prostrate infections to enter the body.
* Take juniper berries and parsley together for a swollen prostate cure.
* Alternate hot and cold hipbaths can be taken for 10-15 minutes to relive pain and reduce congestion.
* Take garlic and goldenseal in diet to reduce prostate infection.