Gastritis is a condition that occurs when the white blood cells move into the wall of stomach due to some injury or some other reason. It refers to mild irritation and inflammation and infection of the stomach lining. It is of two types: acute and chronic. The more chances of chronic gastritis are in people who are suffering from severe iron deficiency. The stomach is J-shaped where the foods and liquid consumed and are collected and later break down into pieces for proper digestion. Any disorder in the stomach lining will interfere with the proper digestion of food resulting in physical disorders.
Main Causes of gastritis
* Viral and bacterial infections
* Peptic ulcer disease
* Pernicious Anemia
* High intake of spicy rich foods
Home Remedies of gastritis
* A teaspoonfull of ajwain (Carom seeds) with a pinch of salt is an effective remedy for gastritis.
* A fresh ginger if chewed before taking meals stimulates digestion.
* Coconut water is an excellent remedy for gastritis cure.
* A combination of 200 ml of spinach juice mixed with 300 ml of carrot juice is very beneficial in the treatment of gastritis.
* Dry friction and sponge bath is recommended.
* Application of heat through hot compressor or hot water bottle twice in the day with empty stomach has also proven beneficial.
* Half cup of potato juice before taking meals is also beneficial.
* Lemon juice is an effective remedy for the treatment of gastritis.
* High intake of water and juices is recommended.
* Mix Sprague powder six parts and black salt one part. Take 2-3 grams of the mixture with warm water.
* 125 grams of curd, 2 grams of Sprague and half gram of black salt taken together provides relief from gastritis.
* Chewing roasted fennel after meals imparts relief from gastritis.
* Use of buttermilk and curd along with asafetida and cumin water is highly beneficial.
* Tamarind water should be taken along with asafetida and cumin water.
* One or two pieces of garlic rolled in dry grape without seeds, immediately provides relief from this condition.
* Use of alcohol, nicotine, spices and condiments, flesh foods, chilies, sour things, pickles, strong tea and coffee, sweets, pastries, rich cakes and aerated waters should be avoided as far as possible.