Dark under eye circles is the most common thing that can be seen in almost every individual. Around 8-9 out of 10 people have dark circles under the eyes.
Causes of Dark under eye circles
* Age: With the preceding age the skin becomes thinner and the veins under the eyes become more prominent.
* Fatigue or Lack of Sleep
* Due to Stress or depression
* Due to inbalanced diet
* Hyper pigmentation
* Sun exposure
* Excessive use of drugs and medicines
* Apply a paste made from a teaspoonfull of tomato juice, half teaspoon lemon juice, a pinch of turmeric powder and a pinch of gramflour. Keep it for 10-15 minutes then rinse.
* Eight hours of sleep is necessary and recommended for people of all age groupsl.
* Apply cucumber on the eyes with cotton balls.
* Apply potato juice on the eyes with cotton balls.
* Apply a mixture of lemon and tomato juice on the black circles twice in a day.
* Drink tomato juice with some mint leaves, lemon juice along with salt.
* Make a mixture of lemon juice, cucumber juice and lanolin cream, apply it under the eyes and keep for 10-15 minutes.
* Use sunglasses when going out in sun to protect the eyes from the harmful rays of sunlight.
* Drinking good amount of water helps in lightening the dark circles under the eyes.
* To reduce the puffiness and dark circles of the eyes one can apply freezed cucumber juice.
* Almond oil is considered good in removing the dark circles. Massage the area with the almond oil at night before going to bed.
* Apply crushed mint leaves under the eyes for 20-25 minutes.
* Sarvangasana is the best yoga posture to reduce puffiness and dark circles of the eyes and it should be performed regularly. Among yogic kriyas Jal Neti is the most beneficial and should be done 5-6 times a week.
* Keep cotton balls dipped in rose water under the eyes for 10-12 minutes daily.
* Eat vegetables and fruits that are rich in vitamin E.
* The cream applied under the eyes should not be left for longer time.