Anaemia means the condition that means lack of blood. It is the common blood disorder that occurs when the quantity of red blood cells decreases in the body. Hemoglobin helps the red blood cells to carry oxygen from the lungs to all other parts of the body. The formation of hemoglobin depends on adequate dietary supplies of iron and protein.
Types of Anemia
* Iron deficiency anemia: It is the common type of anaemia. Iron is required for the formation of hemoglobin. When there is less iron in the body it causes iron deficiency anaemia.
* Aplastic anaemia: It is caused when body stops making enough red blood cells and chances of infections increases.
* Vitamin deficiency anaemia: This is called megaloblastic anemia.This is caused mainly due to the deficiency of folic acid or vitamin B12.
* Underlying diseases: Certain conditions can affect the formation of red blood cells. For example in kidney failure one is on dialysis and kidney is not in the condition to produce hormones that are required for iron absorption.
* Pernicious anaemia: When body is not able to absorb vitamin B12 from the foods, that condition is known as pernicious anaemia.
Causes of Anemia
* The causes of anaemia are mainly the reduced or low formation of red blood cells and heavy loss of blood due to injury, heavy menstruation and bleeding piles.
* Any minor defect in the bone marrow or an inadequate intake of iron, vitamins and proteins results in low formation of red blood cells.
* Presence of intestinal parasites that feed on the vitamins and other nutrients may leads to anaemia.
Home Remedies for Anemia
* Eating 3-4 apples daily helps in increasing iron content in the body and thus helps in anemia cure.
* Vitamin B12 is very necessary for both preventing and curing anaemia. The rich sources of vitamin b12 are animal protein and organic meats like kidney and liver.
* Tea and coffee should not be takenas they hinder with the iron absorption.
* Beets are very important in the anemia cure. Its juice contains potassium, phosphorus, calcium, sulphur, iodine, iron, copper, protein, fat, and vitamins B1, B2, B6, C and P.
* A cold-water bath is the valuable method in anemia cure. Two baths are advisable daily.
* Cold friction and hot Epsom baths for 10-15 minutes once a week are advisable for anemia treatment.
* Sunbaths are very beneficial as sunlight stimulates the production of red cells.
* Three – Four dried figs are advisable day for anaemic persons.
* Honey also plays an important role in improving the health and in anemia cure. Lemon and honey or apple cider vinegar are very beneficial when taken during morning.
* Massaging the body daily helps to keep the blood level in the body high.
* Deep breathing and light exercise like walking also tones up the system and increases the blood level and helps in anemia cure.
* Various yoga asanas like sarvangasana, paschomittanasana, uttanpadasana and shavasana are also beneficial for anemia treatment.
* Morpheme Amalaki Supplements provides the richness of Amla (Vitamin C), to promote good health and helps in anemia treatment.