Peptic ulcer means an eroded lesion in the gastric intestinal mucosa. It may form in any part of the digestive tract but mainly found in the stomach or the upper part of the intestine known as duodenum.
Peptic ulcers are open sores that develop on the inside lining of your stomach, upper small intestine or esophagus. The most common symptom of a peptic ulcer is pain. Peptic ulcers are common, and oftentimes successful treatment of peptic ulcers takes just a few weeks.
Causes of peptic ulcers
* Excessive intake of alcohol
* High intake of spicy foods
* Food poisoning
* High intake of coffee
* Presence of helicobacter pylori
Signs and Symptoms of peptic ulcers
Although peptic ulcers are rare in children, if your child exhibits any of the following signs and symptoms, you should call your child’s doctor:
* burning pain in the abdomen between the breastbone and the belly button (the most common ulcer symptom)
* anaemia (paleness and fatigue)
* sudden, severe and incapacitating abdominal pains.
* chest pain (usually dull and achy)
* loss of appetite
Home Remedies for peptic ulcers treatment
* Bananas is the most effective food remedy to fight against peptic ulcers as it neutralizes the hyperacidity of the gastric juices.
* Drinking the almond milk made from blanched almonds is very beneficial as it supplies good quality protein and also binds the excess of acid in the stomach.
* Raw goats milk is effective in the healing of peptic ulcer.
* Drinking half cabbage and half carrot juice in combination is beneficial.
* A cup of yogurt with a cup of drumstick paste is also an effective food remedy.
* Alternate hot and cold hipbaths for 15-20 minutes are also beneficial.
* A hot pack can be applied on the abdomen.
* Yoga asanas like vajrasana, uttanpadasana, pavanamuktasana, bhujanganasana, paschimottanasana are beneficial in the treatment of acidity.
* Yogic kriyas like jalneti and pranayamas like anuloma-viloma, shitali and sitkari are very beneficial.