Don’t wait until you conceive a baby, before you start a healthy eating plan. Eating healthy foods before you become pregnant can help ensure that you and your baby start out with the nutrients you both need.
Pregnancy brings lot many changes along with it in female body. During these 9 months many thing change for the pregnant women or say the mother. Your body will change externally and internally. It may cause some problem or discomfort to you, but as it leads a greater gift at the end, so you probably will not min these discomfort. The initial months are crucial because during these months the babys growth starts. The nervous system growth and the organ formation also take place during this time. The baby grows physically and mentally and so good nutrition is very important during this time. So here are our tips on what should you eat during pregnancy.
1. Balanced and nutritious diet during pregnancy is very very important after all you are eating for 2 lives. It is very important you don’t eat fast and junk food during pregnancy and stick to routine healthy diet. A diet is called nutritious when it contains proteins, carbohydrates, fats, vitamins and minerals in needed amount.
2. Avoid high sugar beverages. They add sugars and calories to your body. When you avoid it, then you are actually cutting calories. This helps in weight loss after pregnancy
3. Eat whole grains; they are better for your body than their white counterparts.
4. Lean meats are better for you after delivery to reduce the excess weight.
5. Healthy snacks are better than junk foods. You can take raisins, wheat crackers etc. Remove fast food from the food list. Fast food will increase your weight and will create obstacle in your way to weight loss. Avoid Canned and processed foods, coffee, tea, spicy foods, sugary foods such as cakes, cookies, candies, hot chocolate, sodas and colas and salt etc.
Whether you like it or not but you should eat properly good food during your pregnancy so as to avoid any problem. You have to take care of your health as well the babys health. So go for a good well balanced diet during this time.
Eat Enough Calories
As stated earlier, most women need to eat about 300 extra calories per day when pregnant, according to the US FDA. This is in addition to their normal calories needs. These calories should come from a balanced eating plan of protein, good fats, fruit, vegetables, and whole grains, with sweets and other “empty-calorie” foods kept to a minimum. Eating this type of healthy diet plan when pregnant can also reduce some symptoms such as nausea and constipation.
Foods to avoid
There are also certain foods that should be avoided. Fish such as shark, swordfish, king mackerel, or tilefish (also called golden or white snapper) should be avoided because they can have high levels of mercury, which in high doses can be dangerous to a baby’s developing nervous system. For the same reason, pregnant women should limit themselves to no more than 6 ounces of “albacore” or “white” tuna per week. MSG is an additive that pregnant women should avoid, as it can cause headaches and an upset stomach. Caffeine should be limited as it can cause irritability, nervousness, and insomnia.