Shampooing is essential to everyone’s hair care routine, regardless of hair type or texture. You should shampoo as often as necessary to keep your hair looking clean and your scalp comfortable. This may range from shampooing daily to shampooing only once a week, depending on how oily your hair is, the level of physical exercise you indulge in, the environment, your hairstyle and any scalp problems. Those who have oily hair, exercise daily, or live or work in dirty environments may need to shampoo daily, while others need to shampoo less frequently.
The frequency of shampooing hair depends on the type of hair and scalp, and also on the environment in which you are living and on the type of work you do. Shampoo your hair twice a week in summers. If you have greasy hair, you will need to wash them frequently say twice or thrice a week. This is especially necessary, if the environment you work in is dirty. Frequent shampooing is not harmful for the hair not does it cause any hair loss. However, daily shampooing of very dry hair and overzealous manipulation cause hair breakage which may be mistaken for hair loss.
Shampoo is quite different from conditioners which attempt to increase the overall ease of handling hair. Shampoos are used to clean this dirt off from the hair. The development of science in this region has seen various ingredients being used to get better results. However many shampoos can only make the hair look brighter after use. But they make it unhealthy with the ingredients that are left behind on the hair. Therefore it becomes imperative that you choose the correct kind of shampoo for your hair.
Tips For Hair Shampooing:
1. The selection of the shampoo should depend upon the hair type.
2. Egg shampoo is good for dry hair but avoid products which contain alcohol as they will dry out the hair even further.
3. For oily hair use some mild shampoo.
4. Do not scrub or over massage.
5. It is better to rinse thoroughly with Luke warm water.
6. Shampooing can be done as often as required to keep the hair clean and healthy, as long as you condition regularly.
1. Prepare the hair for shampooing.
2. Before wetting your hair for shampooing, comb through with a wide toothed comb to prevent tangles.
3. Mix and adjust the water flow.
4. Wet the hair and scalp thoroughly.
5. Apply the shampoo to the hair by first pouring it into your hand and never directly.
6. Massage the whole head.
7. Apply more shampoo and massage for the second time if needed, finally rinse all shampoo from the hair and scalp with clean water.
8. Finally check the hair lines and make sure that the dirt and shampoo has been removed from hair and scalp.
9. Dry the hair gently.
10. Avoid blow drying as far as possible.
Methods of shampooing:
1. Brush your hair before shampooing to get rid of dirt and dead skin from the head.
2. Wet the hair with spray, so as to saturate the underneath layer as well as the top ones with water.
3. Add shampoo in little water and mix both well.
4. Massage gently on the roots with the fingertips in circular motion covering the entire head.
5. Work the shampoo into the bulk of hair over the top layers.
6. Rinse with water until shampoo has been completely washed off.