A beautifully landscaped property can bring pleasure to you, your family, as well as your neighborhood. This practically brings pride to your humble home, making you a proud owner of your lot. To create a landscape that is both grandiose and easy to maintain, you need to consider some important things and basically some useful home landscaping ideas. The scope and limitation of your property size, the climatic conditions of your area where you live, and the types of soil you have to deal with in your property are some of the primary factors you should consider.
Landscaping is one of the best ways to improve your home’s appearance and increase the resale value of your property. Nothing beats a home that is endowed with exceptional beauty with plenty of curb appeal and “wow” factor. If you are among those who wanted to transform their dull and lifeless lawn, maybe it’s time that you consider landscaping. But to do this, it is wise that you start off with some home landscaping ideas. You can start with a do-it-yourself landscaping project and do it a bit at a time like you can start with your house’s entryway and work your way outwards. Or maybe you can start by landscaping your backyard and slowly continuing to the front – the choice is yours!
The challenge that most homeowners are faced with is not actually coming from the landscaping ideas but from too many home landscaping ideas. With the diverse choices of landscaping concepts, it is just tough to come up with a decision. After all, if you are starting from scratch like a “blank slate” for a lawn, there are literally countless landscaping ideas you can apply.
So the question now is: where do you begin your landscaping project? Well, it is entirely you choice. If you feel that your front yard should be the first, then go for it or if it is your backyard or pool area, you are actually the boss. Just make sure to come up with home landscaping ideas that are suitable for your budget, your house’s space, climatic conditions of your area, and the type of soil that you need to deal with.
The design of your landscape will be up to your own personal taste and desire. Before you plunge into a home landscaping ideas, take into consideration the style of your home. This is highly important to come up with real satisfying results.
Here are some of the common landscape style categories:
1. Formal – What this style empathize is ‘order’. This style basically employs primary straight lines and perfect geometrical shapes. Properly arranged plants rather than randomly positioned is favored. A feature of this style that many uses are pruning and close arrangement.
2. Informal – This landscaping style works well with cozy country cottages. Beds with curved edges rather than straight lines are favored. Random placement of plants fits this landscaping style.
3. The English Garden – This style brings out the harmony between the architecture of the house and the garden surrounding it.
4. Formal and Informal Garden – This landscaping style showcases brick walkways that exudes formality. This walkway goes its way to the rear, featuring circles of plants. The order of plants resembles the English Garden style with no formal borders.
5. Oriental – This style is suitable for houses with backyards that are small. It made use of rocks, water, and evergreen. Different plants create various angles with style.
6. Woodland – This style is good for houses which have woods in the backyard and slopes on the ground.