Superfluous hair is also known as Hypertrichosis. It can be generalized, symmetrically affecting most of the torso and limbs, or localized, affecting an area of skin. Superfluous hair can develop all over the body or can be isolated to small patches. It is estimated that 80% of the women in Britain have some superfluous hair growth. Generally considered a “cosmetic” issue, hair growth can cause real or perceived problems with social acceptance for many people both male and female. Many cultures have a perceived ideal amount of hair growth. Changes in hair-growth patterns are sometimes a symptom of hormonal imbalances. Use of stimulating liniments, poultices, etc., may lead to an increased hair growth in that particular region.
Genetic observations to the pathogenesis of hypertrichosis remains uncertain. Some drugs (e.g., diazoxide, diphenylhydantoin, and minoxidil) and toxins (e.g., mercury) can induce generalized hair growth as well. The electric needle is the only method which can be recommended for the permanent removal of superfluous hair, and it should be used only by an exper. Shaving regularly. Depilatories which are hair removal creams can also be used as long as the skin is free from cuts or open sores. Laser and electrolysis treatment approaches hold the promise of being permanent hair removal approaches. Other treatments are temporary and have to be repeated. Bleaching can help to lessen the look of these hairs but make sure to check for chemical reactions.
Get Rid of Superflous Hair
1. Electric needle is the only method for the permanent removal of superfluous hair.
2. Shaving regularly.is also get rid of superflous hair.
3. Waxing generally reduces hair growth if performed continuously.
4. Plucking and Threading is also used for removing odd hair around the nipples.
5. Bleaching can help to lessen the look of these hairs but make sure to check for chemical reactions.
6. Electrolysis is a method used for removing unwanted hair permanently.
7. Hair removal creams can also be used as long as the skin is free from cuts or open sores.
8. Camouflage is treat superflous Hair.