A wart is normally a small, rough tumor that can resemble a cauliflower or solid blister. Warts can grow on all parts of body. They can grow on any part of skin, on the inside of mouth, on genitals and on rectal area. Warts on the genitals are very contagious and can be passed to another person during love making or intercourse. Genital warts are often treated at home through some home remedies. There are few home remedies for genital warts which can be very beneficial if the treatment begins in the initial stage itself it might even help and cure the warts completely.
Causes and Prevention of Genital Warts
Genital warts are relatively contagious, but the chance of catching common warts from another person is less. There are more than 100 types of human papilloma virus. Some types of human papilloma virus tend to cause warts on the skin, while other human papilloma virus types tend to cause warts on the genitals areas. Some people are more naturally resistant to the human papilloma virus and don’t seem to get warts as easily as other people.
Warts usually spread through breaks and cut in your skin, such as a scrape. Biting your nails may cause warts to spread on your fingertips and around your nails. Warts on the skin may be passed to another person when that person touches the warts or make the love. It is also possible to get genital warts from using towels or other objects.
How to get rid of genital warts Home Remedies
Few common and effective home remedies for genital warts are:
– Application of bleach two to three times a day
– An application of castor oil can help to get rid of genital warts completely. Multiple applications are recommended to do away with warts permanently.
– A slice of fresh garlic applied over caster oil and taped in place and left overnight may help the wart fall off.
– A mixture of castor oil and baking soda is good for warts but it should be avoided on genital warts. Genital areas are very sensitive and baking soda might lead to other complications.
– Another effective home remedy for genital warts is banana peel patch. It can be apply on the wart for overnight. It is one of the best home remedies for genital warts.
– Painting the warts with vitamin A or beta-carotene twice a day
Disclaimer: This article is not meant to provide health advice and is for general information only. Always seek the insights of a qualified health professional before embarking on any health program.