Arthritis is a common problem that literally means pain and inflammation in joints. Previously it was considered the problem of elderly people but now it is also very common among younger age people. In this the joint becomes inflamed and causes severe pain.
Symptoms of Arthritis
– Pain in joints
– Difficulty in movement
– Warmness in joint
– Affected area becomes red
Causes of Arthritis
– Improper diet
– Metabolic disorder
– Hereditary factors
– Excess use of joints
– Due to aging
Types of Arthritis
There are more than hundred types of arthritis but the three most common types of arthritis are as below
– Rheumatoid Arthritis – It is a condition that occurs due to the attack of our immune system on the joints. It happens due to vata vitiation in our body. It causes severe pain and swellings in the joints.
– Gout – It is a condition that occurs due to improper lifestyle. People who lack physical activities are more likely to suffer from such type of disorders. In this, the serum uric acid gets increased and due to this its crystal formation occurs and gets settled in between the joint space. This hinders the free movement of the joint.
– Osteoarthritis – It is a condition in which there is a formation of osteophytes in the joints. The cartilaginous tissue present in the joint gets converted to bony structures. Due to this body tissue formation the movement of the joints gets restricted and results in severe pain in the joint on movement.
Home Remedies for Arthritis
– Rub the castor oil on the affected joint to get relief form joint pain. It is very effective in suppressing pain as it is vata suppressant.
– Mix 2 tablespoons of lemon with the honey and take it with a cup of warm water. It will help you to get relief from joint pains.
– Take ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder in warm milk. It is also an effective home remedy for arthritis pain relief.
– Apply hot vinegar on the affected joint to get relief from pain.
Disclaimer: The reader of this article should exercise all precautionary measures while following instructions on the home remedies from this article. Avoid using any of these products if you are allergic to it. The responsibility lies with the reader and not with the site or the writer.
Copyright © Nick Mutt, All Rights Reserved. If you want to use this article on your website or in your ezine, make all the urls (links) active.