Eye shadow is perhaps the most beloved cosmetic of creative makeup artists. Since eyes is the most important focal point of the face, the eye makeup techniques and choice of colors for eyeshadow should suit the shape and color of your eyes.
When it comes to eyeshadow tips, they seem to be everywhere. From teenage magazines to their over fifty counterparts, countless pages of women’s magazines have been devoted to the subject. A quick Google search will bring up more than 733,000 hits on the subject. With so many resources available when it comes to eyeshadow tips, you’d think that more people would have a handle on the situation. Instead, it seems like I can’t walk down the street for five minutes without seeing an eyeshadow disaster. That said, I’m going to outline some of the basic eyeshadow dos and don’ts so you can make sure you’re never a fashion faux pas.
The first of my eyeshadow tips is to blend it well. If you’re using more than one color, make sure to blend them all together. The best is to use three colors: the base color, main color and highlighter. Put on the base color first, then the main color. Finally, highlight the crease of your eyes. It’s also important to bring out the color in your eyes, whether it be by matching it or contrasting it. Don’t put any color on your brow bone, as that will make you look like more of a drag queen than debutante.
Here are some eye shadow tips to call your own.
* Don�t over do it. The first rule of applying eye shadow is not to over do the amount that you apply. You want a great look for your eyes but you do not want to turn into an old lady with layers of eye shadow on your eyes. Instead, go for a minimal look and it will pay off with an amazing look.
* Dark or light? There are many ways in which to apply your eye shadow. Most will apply a darker shade of eye shadow to the area right above the eyelashes. Then, right under the eyebrow, apply a lighter color. You can mix and match the colors that fit with your tastes. You can even apply a thin layer of a darker eye shadow under the eye right next to your lower eyelashes. This will give a more dramatic look.
Eyeshadow Application Tips
* Before using eyeshadow, use a little powder on the eyelid as a base.
* Eyeshadow is available in many shades. On black eyes, chocolate, green or mauve shades are preferred.
* Eyeshadow is commonly found in powder form but it is also available in cream with a sponge-tip wand and in crayons.
* Eyeshadow should be used for night make-up.
Eyeshadow Brushes and Textures
* Use a fluffy, round, soft brush to apply your shadow over the entire eyelid. You need a sloped, flat brush for applying different shades.
* Creamy eyeshadow applies easily with a nylon concealer brush. It works best on younger women, as it tends to accentuate the skin structure.
* Loose powder as a base color is great for mature eyes because there is no shimmer.
Eyeshadow tips are great for people who like to experiment with makeup. Mix and match and discover a variety of looks for a variety of wonderful occasions.