Eyebrows are perhaps one of the most under appreciated features of a person’s face, yet eyebrows are a perhaps a person’s most defining feature. Change the shape of your eyebrow with a little plucking, and you can change the personality and perceived mood of your face. Remember the depth of the arch you make should always be according to the shape of your face. Let the brow extend beyond the outside corner of your eye. At that point it should taper slightly down, giving a natural curve to the brow.
Eyebrow shaping is no simple task though. Pluck too much and you end up with a perpetual look of surprise or worse, like you have no eyebrows at all. Pluck too little, and you go for paint on eyebrow look. Here are a few tips to make sure your eyebrows come out the perfect shape. The beginning of your brow should be even with the inside corner of your eye. The rule along the length of the brow is to pluck only from beneath the brow.
1. Never pluck above the eyebrow. Bleach unruly upper hairs instead.
2. Brush the brows upward before plucking so that you have a clear idea of the lower eyebrow line.
3. Always pluck eyebrow hairs in the direction that the hair grows. This way is less painful and the hairs will regrow flat.
4. Tweeze one hair at a time, starting at the inside (near the nose) and working your way out.
5. Don’t over pluck. Take one row of hairs off at a time and examine the eyebrows before deciding if another row needs to come off.
Follow these few simple tips for the eyebrows that will make you stand out.