From a fitness point of view, buying the right exercise equipment can be the difference between average and spectacular results.
I have seen many clients use their exercise machine with zest for the first few weeks, only to discard the unit in their basement after the glamour wears off. I don’t want this to happen to you.
The market for exercise machines is worth billions of dollars and growing exponentially. An astounding number of gadgets out there, and associated infomercials claim to transform your pudgy abs into washboard abs with “virtually no effort on your part.” Unfortunately, the only thing that they’re likely to do is reduce is the balance in your checking account, not your scale.
The first mistake made by consumers is to rush and buy TV exercise equipment. When you watch exercise machine ads on TV, keep the following tips in mind:
1. If the advertisement makes unreasonable claims, forget it.There are several catch phrases used by advertisers to sell to unsuspecting customers.
2. You must by very cautious of promises that deliver a money back guarantee”guaranteed or your money back.” Always look for the fine print. The manufacturers may promise that you’ll lose 10 pounds in 3 weeks, if you follow the program. In this manner, they have to issue less refunds, claiming that it is the consumers fault, since they did not follow instructions properly.
3. Celebrity endorsements should be an indication that the product is backed by money, not necessarily customer reviews, feedback and a history of effectiveness.
Choosing the right machine is a process that involves several steps?
1. Determine your goal (fat loss = treadmill, toning the abdominals = ab exercise machine, knee problems = schwinn fitness cycle).
2. Making the right choice as far as the maker of the machine is concerned. In my experience, I have reviewed, and am impressed by exercise bikes from schwinn, exercise equipment by pace and proform. Bowflex makes an excellent home gym system, and I have also reviewed them. I like machines that train several muscles at one time and provide you with the option to introduce variety in your exercise sessions. In this manner, you stay motivated, and not bored since there is always something different to do each time.
Since this is a critical decision, you should not make it in haste. If you make the right choice, your results can be amazing. You must do your research before buying, from websites that offer reviews on exercise equipment. There is no single factor that can help you decide, but a combination of factors. Take your time, make notes and ask several questions before you decide on the exercise machine that’s right for you!