Ethical issues in different organization
A friend of mine was very nervous today because he wasn’t dealt nicely by his manager. The error on his part was that he included another colleague in a specific email correspondence whom his manager didn’t want him to. This lead me pondering over ‘Professional Maturity’ & ‘Ethical Issues in different Organizations’ hence I started re-calling my not so long 10 years professional career to compile the list of issues:
1- Wrong Resource selection (wrong person for the right job) and dropping/ignoring the right one.
2- Favoritism (Nationalism / Languagism)
3- No Appreciation & Encouragement
4- Back biting & Leg pulling
6- Illogical Promotion
7- Non-uniform task assignment to employee.
8- Mismanagement in Training & Skill polishing
9- Rough and tough behavior by managers in case of mistakes.
Here is some recommendations which need to be implemented for the corrective and preventive remedies:
this article written by Junaid (mjunaidtahir at gmail dot com) feel free to comment.
– Ethical help lines should be available in companies. The process has to be completely neutral & private.
– Managerial level audits should be done by neutral staff in order to ensure that staff is treated neutrally and irrespective of favoritism.
– Mature employees should keep ‘sniffing’ the bad air in office in terms of gossips & backbiting and report to the relevant management for corrective and preventive measures.
– Reward & talent recognition system needs to be transparent.
– Promotions to be done based on actual Talent.
What are your thoughts on managing the ethical issues in offices?
Article Ref: 0004-mjunaidtahir-paradigmwisdom-05Jan12-Ethical issues in different organization