An earache itself is not a disease. Earaches are a common occurrence in our lives. Earache is a common problem among children and adults. Earache can also be caused by pain and inflammation of the outer portion of the ear (the pinna). The ear is one of the most important part of the human body and is divided into three different sections: The outer ear, the middle ear and the inner ear. Hearing and balance are the two main functions performed by the human ear. Each section of the ear is used either for hearing or for balance An earache may be due to a perforated, or broken, eardrum. The eardrum can be broken as a result of a blow to the head, infection in the inner ear, suction applied to the ear, or the insertion of a foreign object into the ear.
Earaches can be anything from slightly painful to extremely painful and are usually brought on by a fluid buildup (sometimes resulting from an infection), or a buildup of pressure in the middle ear. The most common symptom of otitis media is mild pain in the ear. Some other symptoms are fever, hearing loss and occasional discharge from the ears. Other symptom loss of hearing and balance problems and dizziness. Treatment for middle ear infections (acute otitis media) involves home treatment for symptom relief. Avoid smoke as much as possible. Smoking and secondhand smoke can increase your risk of infection. Applying heat to the ear, which may help relieve the earache. Do not allow your child to go to bed with a heating pad, because he or she could get burned.
Several homeopathic remedies may also be helpful in treating earaches. Grind a few Holy basil leaves and extract some juice. Apply 2 drops inside the ear. Take Vitamin C to boost your immune system. It is a natural antibiotic and antihistamine that helps to reduce inflammation and fever. Include zinc in your diet because it reduces ear infection. Put two drops of holy basil leaves juice in the aching ear. Onions are great for an earache just slice it in half and put it over the ear hole. Leave it there for a half an hour at a time or till the pain subsides. For swimmer’s ear, put some mineral oil in both ears before going in the water. Apply some heat to your aching ear using a heating pad or a warm cloth. Put few drops of hydrogen peroxide in the aching ear relief pain.
Get Rid of Earache Tips
1. Wash ear canal with fresh hydrogen peroxide to remove cerumen (ear wax) and dry carefully.
2. Warm baby oil or olive oil will provide some relief.
3. Drugs such as ibuprofen or even aspirin will help a little. dental treatment
4. Use ear plugs during swimming to avoid water from entering your ear.
5. Take a hot shower the steam will help to break up and soften earwax buildup.
6. Few drops of hydrogen peroxide in the aching ear relief pain.
7. Onions are great for an earache just slice.
8. Avoid smoke as much as possible.
9. Applying heat to the ear, which may help relieve the earache.
10. Pour some garlic juice l help to relieve the pain.