Dry skin has a low level of sebum and can be prone to sensitivity. Dry skin, also called xerosis, is a common problem. Dry skin types have to be extremely careful to protect their skin. Yogurt-honey combination helps dry skin. Make an egg face pack with a yolk, a teaspoon of honey, a tablespoon of milk powder. This is beneficial to dry skin types. Avoid the use of tap water when cleansing dry skin. Use mineral water to freshen your face. Don’t use a washcloth-a rough texture can irritate. Use nondetergent, neutral-pH products to cleanse your skin. Avoid using any commercial soap. And always touch your face gently. Double-cleanse with a cream, leaving a light, thin trace of it on the skin after the second cleansing.
Moistening with water, then applying a thin film of air-excluding moisturizer, restores the suppleness of the dry skin. Avoiding use of bleach or peels to make the dark circles around eyes light. Avoid vigorous use of a washcloth in cleansing. When toweling dry, do not rub the skin. Blot or pat dry so there is still some moisture left on the skin. Sleep for sufficiently long hours to prevent formation of dark circles under eyes. Do not scratch the under eye skin. Diet, which is rich in nutrients helps to remove dark circles around eyes. Lightly tap the under eye skin with one or two fingers to. Increase the blood circulation. Ayurveda treatment for dark circles under eyes. Drink plenty of water (more than 15 glasses). Sleep well at least for 7-8 hrs daily. Eat fresh fruits, green vegetables which are rich in fiber.
Dry Skin Care Tips
1. Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to keep your skin well hydrated.
2. Use nondetergent, neutral-pH products to cleanse your skin.
3. Avoid using any commercial soap.
4. Dont scratch dry, itchy spots; apply more moisturizer instead.
5. A few teaspoons of olive oil or lavender-scented oil to your bath.
6. Avoid caffeine and alcohol, which cause dehydration.
7. Don’t use a washcloth-a rough texture can irritate.
8. Use nondetergent, neutral-pH products to cleanse your skin.
9. Avoid using any commercial soap.
10. Try to avoid extreme cold, which can cause frostbite or skin disorders in some people.
11. Do not use very hot water when bathing or showering.
12. Apply aloe vera gel topically on affected areas.