1. Choose the right dress: Keep your wedding date in mind when you hit the shops for your bridal gown. You want your dress to be light and airy for summer; heavy satin or yards of fabric work better in the winter. Wear proper under garments and shoes while you try onit will be difficult to see past exposed bra straps or trainers peeking out under a dress. Take a picture wearing your top three dresses. Most bridal shops frown on this, but do it if you can. The pictures will help trigger your memory after you have tried on every dress in town.
2. Order your dress in the proper size: Maybe you plan on losing weight before the wedding. But nothing is more horrifying than the realization that you dont fit into your wedding dress. Your seamstress can always take the dress in, but it is more expensive and risky to let it out.
3. If you want to diet, begin your diet early: Crash dieting a few weeks before the wedding will make you irritable (not to mention unhealthy). Start several months before the wedding. Modify your eating habits just enough so you lose a little bit of weight each week.
4. If you want to tone up go to the gym: Start your workout routine in conjunction with your diet. A mild cardio workout, combined with light weight training will have you toned and fit for your wedding day. The endorphins produced during the workouts will help keep you happy and sane.
5. Pamper yourself: Get a massage. Take long bubble baths. Curl up in pretty pajamas. Have a glass of wine. Indulge in a bite of chocolate. Take a nap. Allow yourself periodic breaks from planning, haggling, and running around. You will look and feel better.
6. Photograph like a celebrity: Your wedding photographs will be the most important memento of your big day. Look like a celebrity by stealing some of their red carpet tricks. Look through a bunch of celebrity magazines to see how they pose. Wear pink blush for pretty flushed cheeks.
7. Avoid major hair changes close to your wedding day: If you are determined to have a new look for your wedding, plan ahead. Get your new haircut or highlights a few months before the ceremony. This will give you time to grow out a botched style or work out the kinks in a new color.
8. Work on your tan: Build a base tan with a gradual self tanner. Shop around to find one that works well with your skin tone. Inspect the color frequently in outdoor light (particularly if you are having outdoor photos taken). Have a friend take a few pictures of you outside after your tan reaches the optimal shade. Make sure you dont look orange in the photographs. Repeat this process if you opt for a professional spray tan. You dont want any surprises when the wedding pictures come in.
9. Do a trial run through: Practice with your stylist and makeup artist several weeks before the wedding. If you plan on wearing a veil or other hair adornments make sure you bring them to your appointment. Bring photographs of up-dos and makeup styles you like. Dont let yourself be talked into anything you dont absolutely love.
10. Pay extra for service to come to you: If you don’t want to spend the morning of your wedding travelling to appointments? Negotiate a home service from your stylist, makeup artist, and nail technician. Imagine how relaxed you will feel, sipping bucks fizz in your robe, while youre being pampered.