This is the time of year when everyone struggles to keep on track with their fitness regimen.
That’s right, even the most dedicated fitness enthusiast will skip workouts and eat too much junk this month. Because it’s Christmas, after all… Be aware that excuses quickly turn into a slippery slope. You miss one workout this week and then two next week, before you know it you haven’t exercised for a month. Once you fall out of your routine it will take focused effort to get back on track.
Some of the most used exercise escape methods are…maybe they sound familiar:
* I Don’t Have Time: Holiday parties, shopping trips, and house guests all seem like valid excuses as to why you can’t exercise today, but don’t believe it. The fact is that you can find the time to exercise, even in the busiest season of the year. Simply sit down and schedule exercise time into your calendar.
* I Don’t Have Anyone to Exercise With: Your spouse or friend committed to exercise with you three times a week, only to quit a week later. Now you are left to workout on your own…or to quit right along with them. Let’s be honest, the easy thing to do is to quit rather than go it alone, but where does that leave you? Right back where you started-out of shape and unhappy with your body. Don’t let someone else’s laziness get in the way of your success.
* Another Day Won’t Make a Difference: By skipping your workout today you may not wake up one size larger tomorrow, but you also won’t wake up in better shape. The fact is that your current body and health are the direct result of all the little choices that you make each day. Resolve to make each choice a healthy one, and watch how your body and health are transformed.
* I’ll Never Reach My Goals Anyway: It’s been years since you’ve been in shape and the number on the scale is so large that you don’t even know how long it would take to lose it all. It’s easy to give up when the task at hand is overwhelming. However, I am here to tell you that you can do it. What you are facing is simply a fear of failure. What if you start exercising only to gain it all back? What if you don’t have what it takes to lose the weight? Remember this: Your progress depends on you overcoming excuses and staying the course.
Examine the why: An important step in conquering your excuses is to determine their source. Is there an underlying issue that you are ignoring, using the holidays as a cover? Excuses are often an indication of lowered motivation. Have you forgotten your reasons for getting fit? Your body and your mind can get bored. Have your workouts gotten stale?
Conquer each excuse: Don’t let excuses derail your goals any longer. Use these three tips and get the results that you deserve:
* Focus on the benefits. We all need a reminder every now and then as to why we started exercising in the first place. Make a list of the benefits you enjoy most and read them before your workout.
* Keep it interesting. Do you have the same routine? No wonder you’ve started to come up with excuses. Throw your old routine out the window and try something totally new. Always keep your routine fresh-it will give you something to look forward to.
* Treat yourself to Personalized Health Coaching. Sometimes a little help goes a long way. My personal coaching programs are designed with one goal in mind: to get you in the best shape of your life as quickly as possible. Get started now before the New Year’s rush and together we can get you on your way to the results you deserve.