Copyright 2006 Wayne Ennis
Have you tried to loose weight and failed?
Do you find it impossible to stick to a diet plan?
What if I told you that a recent exciting medical discovery has found the reason some people are overweight is due to unresolved emotional issues?
If we are being honest most people are overweight because they eat too much and do not do enough exercise. It is only for less than 1% of the population that their weight problem is due to a thyroid or glandular problem. For the other 99% of the population their weight problems are simply down to overeating and a lack of exercise.
However it is too simplistic and easy to just tell somebody they are overweight because they eat too much. If people are fat because they overeat then should we not be looking for the reasons as to why people overeat? I make’s perfect sense that if we fix the reasons that cause people to overeat then they would be able to loose weight more easily.
Does any of the following apply to you?
– I eat to comfort myself.
– I sometimes even when I am not hungry.
– I eat when I am depressed or lonely.
– Eating makes me feel better.
– I eat when I am stressed.
– I sometimes reward myself by eating.
– After an argument with my partner I eat to console myself.
– I sometimes eat to punish myself.
– When the children play up I reach for the snacks.
– When I am under stress I crave sweet things
The above are just a few examples of emotional or comfort eating. Unless you resolve these issues then you will struggle to achieve your ideal weight and you will never be able stay slim. Dieting may work for a short while but as soon as your emotional issues re-appear you are going to be back to comfort eating. Your weight loss or gain will be decided by what is happening in your life emotionally.
The problem most people have is that they do not realise that this emotional eating is going on. They don’t realise that every time they feel stressed they reach for some chocolate or every time they fight with their spouse they reach for the biscuit cupboard afterwards.
Emotional eating affects men, woman and children. Some people do realise that they comfort eat but they don’t know how they can deal with it effectively.
So how do we deal with our emotional eating? Naturally we could try good old willpower but for most people this will be too hard. We could also try therapy but that could take months or years to resolve your issues. So what is the answer?
There is a new treatment available that helps in dealing with your emotional issues. This treatment is known as Emotional Freedom Technique or EFT for short. EFT has its basis in psychology and Chinese acupuncture. However instead of using needles you simply tap on certain designated meridian points on your upper body. Whilst you are doing the tapping you tune in/think about the problems you have. You simply tap your problems away. I know for a lot of people the idea of tapping your problems away will seem a ridiculous concept but the results back up the claims. EFT has helped thousands of people loose weight. EFT makes weight loss easy.
EFT is also perfect for addictions. Again you simply tap your addictions away. So if you are addicted to chocolate or cream cakes use EFT and tap your addiction away.
Naturally EFT will not make you loose weight overnight. You did not become overweight overnight. It was gradual process due to your overeating. So when you try to loose weight you have to be patient. It can be very dangerous if you loose the weight too quickly.
One of the great things about EFT is that sessions can be done over the phone or Internet. Your EFT specialist will tell you where to tap and what to say. Being able to do EFT sessions over the telephone and Internet means it is perfect for seriously overweight people who have mobility difficulties or people with agoraphobia.
I know for some for you reading this article all of this must be a little bit hard to take in but what if I told that not only is EFT perfect for weight loss it is perfect for nearly every emotional and physical issue you can name? EFT often works where all else has failed and often works where conventional medicine has no answers. It has been known to work for all sorts of issues such as anorexia, bulimia, self harming, depression, phobias, allergies, anger, panic attacks, stopping smoking, asthma, shingles, OCD, trauma, high blood pressure and so much more.
So if you are struggling to loose weight then what emotional issues do you have?