A common problem affecting many people world wide of ever age group. It is more of a life style disorder than a disease but it can be a symptom of other diseases like piles etc. Constipation can be related to as insufficient bowel movements that lead to incomplete evacuation of the colon. It may also occur due to decreasing the anal passage. When there is lack of sufficient amount of water in the stool, the stools become hard thus rendering it difficult to evacuate. Due to these the toxins present in stools dos not find the way out of the body, hence they enter of the blood stream causing great disturbance in body.
Following are certain factors which causes constipation
* Irregular feeding habits
* Intake of less quantity of fluids
* Weak abdominal musculature
* Consumption of low fiber diet
* Certain diseases like hemorrhoids, colitis, tumors etc.
* Weak digestive system
* Lack of physical activities.
* Excessive fasting
* Ignoring the urge of evacuation of stools
* Irregular dietary habits
* Very comfortable lifestyle with less physical activities.
* Incomplete chewing of food may also lead to constipation.
* Consumption of refined food that lack roughage
* Consumption of excessive cold stuff like ice creams etc.
* Drink on an average about 10 to 15 glasses of water, preferably not cold, which enhances the digestive activities of the body thus prevents constipation.
* consume missi chapatti to prevent constipation and hardening of stools.(missi chapatti is made by mixing two parts of wheat flour and one part of roasted black gram powder along with the husk)
* Morning and evening walks are very essential to avoid constipation happening in the body.
* Cabbage juice mixed with rock salt and black pepper is very beneficial in constipated stools.
* Mango is said to be a natural bowel evacuator and relieves from constipation.
* Dried black grapes when boiled in milk and drunk at bed time clears bowel next morning without any difficulty.
* Figs when consumed early morning in water, helps in relieving from chronic constipation.
* Dates when boiled in milk and then consumed surely prevents constipation.
* Spiegel seeds are good reliever from constipated conditions when consumed in morning. Spiegel seeds should immersed in water for about 6 to 8 hours, then add equal amount of sugar.
* Drinking of water in early morning empty stomach kept in copper vessel overnight is of great use in improving digestion and relieving from constipation.
* Consuming guava fruit is of great of help in constipated conditions
* In take of two to four teaspoon of errand tail (castor oil) is very useful remedy in easy evacuation of bowel.
* Spinach mixed with carrot juice is also an important remedy to fade away the constipated condition.
* Linseed when consumed after each meal is helpful in lubricating the food consumed thus relieves from constipation.
* Consumption of oranges empty stomach every morning continuously for a week relieves constipation.
* Put 2 table spoon of almond oil in milk and then consume it before going to bed helps in constipated conditions.
* Consumption of triphala powder (mixture of haritaki, baheda and amla in equal amount) twice a day is very good and effective remedy in relieving from constipation.
* Performing yoga asana like vajra asana after every meal is an excellent method of avoiding constipation.