Hair care is an overall term for parts of hygiene and cosmetology involving the hair on the human head. Some basic hair care can use to improve the health and look of your hair. Diet and lifestyle are two major factors that influence the health of the hair. Poor diet, illness and deficiencies of any particular vitamin and mineral affects the quality of hair and problems like dandruff, thinning hair, balding, premature graying etc. spoil the hair. To speed up the drying process, pat your hair dry with a towell and let the remaining moisture in your hair dry naturally. Gently use your fingers or a pick to untangle any knots while your hair is drying. Coloring your hair is another hair treatment option. It is a nice change from the way you normally look. Cut your hair in layers, this will make you look a lot younger. Hot air can be damaging to your hair so when using a hair dryer use the cool setting. Don’t leave the blowdryer in one spot for more than a few seconds, keep it moving and at a good distance away from your hair. Squirt your dry hair with styling spray and then use a medium curling iron to curl 2-inch sections of hair before rolling hair in Velcro rollers.
Color your hair regularly. Color your hair every 28 days by doing this you may actually prevent your hair from getting damaged. Apply besan in the hair and wash it with water drained from the cooked rice. Soak a handful of gooseberry in a cup of milk for two hours. Make it as a paste and apply in the hair. Apply the mixture of an egg white, 2 spoon of castor oil, 1 spoon glycerin, in the scalp and hair. Massage hair with warm coconut oil an hour before washing. Cover your head with a hot towel and wash your hair after an hour or so. Boil a few hibiscus flowers in coconut oil. Filter and use this hair oil to control hair loss and thinning. Graying of hair is a natural process that happens with increasing age, but if the hair starts graying before the age of 35, it is termed as premature graying that occurs due to the aggravation of Pitta dosha. Excessive intake of tea, coffee, alcohol, meat, fried, oily, greasy, spicy, sour, and acidic foods increases pitta and leads to graying prematurely. Take a cup of coconut and mustard oils. Soak half a cup of curry leaves in the oil mixture and keep it for a night.
1. Avoid shampoos that contain sodium laurel sulfate, or sodium laureth sulfate.
2. A hot oil treatment to deep condition your hair. Warm oil penetrates the hair shaft making the hair more flexible and giving it shine.
3. Eat right and consider taking vitamin and mineral supplements to encourage healthy hair.
4. Use a wide toothed comb, or your fingers to work with your hair. Brushes can destroy African American or extra curly hair by shearing it out of the scalp.
5. Avoid sleeping in hair accessories such as barrettes, scrunchies, head bands, etc. This can lead to hair damage.
6. Massage your scalp to help stimulate hair growth. Massaging helps stimulate hair growth by increasing the blood flow to the scalp.
7. If your hair ends are damaged, give yourself a trim every so often to remove damage.
8. Hot air can be damaging to your hair so when using a hair dryer use the cool setting.
9. Apply the mixture of an egg white, 2 spoon of castor oil, 1 spoon glycerin, in the scalp and hair.
10. Coloring your hair is another hair treatment option. Color your hair regularly.