Are you a business person on the move? Need accommodation for short periods of time? Stayed in hotels but felt they sometimes lacked that comfy, home from home feeling? If you answered `yes` to these questions, maybe its time to use a serviced apartment.
What is a Serviced Apartment?
Serviced apartments are usually fully furnished apartment units. They can be studio size or sometimes larger (four-bedroom). Typical facilities include a living room, dining room or dining area, a fully-fitted kitchen, complete with cutlery and tableware and electrical appliances, a bedroom with an en-suite bathroom and of course additional bedrooms and bathrooms in larger apartments. Additional facilities and services (included in the price) include of course daily maid service, linen and towel change, as well as the usual TV, telephone, stereo, refrigerator, etc. In essence, serviced apartments offer you that home from home experience that can make working away more comfortable and pleasurable; Leasing terms can usually be long or short term rentals and flexible in arrangement.
Why choose a Serviced Apartment over a Hotel?
- A Serviced Apartment combines the luxury of a hotel room with the added bonus of your own living room and kitchen which comes for free! It offers the unique combination of a hotel room and a residential property at significantly lower rates than a room alone in a comparable hotel. The special services and facilities offered in a hotel are often not taken up significantly by guests but still have to be paid for; This is usually recouped through the room rate. This would not apply to a serviced apartment.
- All of your bills (except the telephone bill) are included in the price.
- You get so much more from your Serviced Apartment: more luxury, more space, more freedom and more security.
- Serviced Apartments do not have the restrictions of short term leasing agreements that come with renting regular apartments.
A checklist of things to consider when looking for a Serviced Apartment
The following are some things to bear in mind when looking for a Serviced Apartment in general and particularly if you are in town on business.
- Is it conveniently located for your work?
- Is there adequate safe parking, if you have a car or is there a good transport network that can be easily
- Is secure parking offered as an additional cost or inclusive?
- How easy is it to access the Internet?
- Is there a high level of security for
- What is the policy on overnight guests?
- Are corporate rates offered?
- What documentation do I need to apply and complete a contract?
- Can reservations be made and/or cancelled on-line?
- Are deposits needed? When are they refunded?
- How are payments made? Is credit card acceptable?
- Are additional services available like airport taxi/limo service, grocery shopping, theatre ticket booking?
Working away from home even for short periods has its own pressures. What can make the difference is having somewhere to stay that gives you all the comfort and convenience of being at home but with the added luxury of being in a hotel. Short term rentals in a Serviced Apartment without a doubt are a good option. On-line Serviced Apartment providers offer you an at a glance overview of their services and facilities and usually make the process of applying easy and convenient.