Opting for a Cheap Wedding Dress
The wedding dress is always a big part of the “problems” any bride experiences in her big day. This is because brides are so anxious on how they will look like during the wedding day. But, you don’t necessarily have to spend so much money just to look good. All you need to do is shop around for a cheap wedding dress that can fit your taste, style, and preference.
If you are one of those modern brides who would want to spend money by choosing a cheap wedding dress, here are some helpful tips for you.
1. Set your budget. For frugal brides who want a beautiful yet cheap wedding dress, it is very important to carefully plan their allotted budget before shopping. When you have a specific budget allotted for your wedding dress, you will not be tempted to feast your eyes on super elegant gowns that would cost you a huge fortune.
In setting the budget, it is helpful to conduct a research about the price range of cheap wedding dress available in most bridal stores so you can make the necessary adjustments. Always remember that in setting the budget, always allot 10 percent of its total as an allowance. This will ensure that you won’t be having so many headaches once your wedding dress choice is out of the allotted budget.
2. Know the best places where you can buy a cheap wedding dress. Since you are on a tight budget, don’t include the list of bridal stores and salons when looking for a cheap wedding dress. The best bets where you can find a cheap wedding dress include a bridal warehouse that offers off-the-rack items for cheaper prices, a consignment shops where overstocks and designer wedding dresses are available for half the original price, stores where there are sample sales because limited items that are about to expire are sold for cheaper rates, and a seamstress or a tailor that sell wedding dresses that are not claimed by the original owner or can create a cheap wedding dress for you. (TIP: If you are looking for a cheap wedding dress in a department store or inside a shopping mall, it is better to shop in a store or department that is not labeled as a “wedding section” because the prices of the items tend to be higher or more expensive.)
3. Look for simple cuts and designs. If you are really on a tight budget, it is better to opt for simple designs and with lesser details. If you look for these types of wedding dresses, you are sure that they are cheap since they are not made of high quality materials or intricate designs.
4. Shop for a cheap wedding dress in online sites. If you know what are you looking for and you have an eye in looking for good condition of things despite other’s use, then you can try to shop online. In sites like ebaywhere individuals through a bid sell itemsyou can find a cheap wedding dress that is auctioned by a user. You can also visit websites of bridal stores and look for sale items or discounted ones.
5. If all else fails, rent. If you can’t find the cheap wedding dress of your dreams in the stores or outlets and online sites mentioned, try visiting a bridal store where they offer rent of wedding dresses. This option will work on those people who are not so sentimental in keeping their wedding mementos. By renting, you can ensure that you can wear a cheap wedding dress on your wedding without spending more than $200.