So, you want to learn Pilates? In case you are not quite
convinced here are some benefits that you will reap by
doing Pilates workouts.
– A wholesome mind-body workout
– When you do Pilates, your mind becomes tuned in with your
body. Are become acutely aware of where your body is in
space, how it feels and how you will control its movement.
With Pilates you are looking for quality movements, not
quantity. Proper breathing is essential and when done
properly it can be a great stress reducer.
– Gain long, lean muscles as well as flexibility
– When doing a conventional workout, you tend to build
bulky, short muscles. With Pilates muscle elasticity as
well as joint mobility is improved. There is less of a
chance for an injury to occur.
– Develop a strong core
– The -core- or -powerhouse- consists of deep abdominal
muscles along with some of the other muscles that are
closest to the spine.
– Develop an evenly conditioned body
– With regular workouts, weak muscles will only tend to
weaken and the strong muscles will get stronger. This
results in muscular imbalance which is a primary cause of
chronic back pain and of injury.
With Pilates, your body’s entire musculature is evenly
conditioned and balanced.
– Learn efficient patterns of motion
– The Pilates exercises concentrate on training several
muscle groups at once while making smooth, continuous
movements. If you develop the proper technique, you can
retrain your body to more in safer and more efficient
patterns of motion.
These are just several of the benefits that you will
receive by doing Pilates exercises using proper techniques.