Beautiful skin, a beautiful body and a beautiful sense of style does not have an end once you hit 50s. Theres very little difference between the recommended diet and exercise habits for a 20-year-old and that of a 50-year-old. In fact, the only difference is that a healthy diet and regular exercise are more important than ever. During the aging process, the key to keeping your body properly functioning and in shape is to eat healthy and stay active. At 50 and older, most adults are still capable of completing most exercises. Exercising can mean taking daily 40 minutes walk with your partner or alone, enjoying exercise videos at home. Botox injections can ease wrinkles in the upper third of the face. Chemical peels are effective in removing fine lines and smoothing skin, especially around the eyes and mouth. Wrinkle fillers can plump up your skin and erase lines.
Women over 50 usually look better with a cream lipsticks rather than a matte or gloss and in a pinch your lipsticks can double as a blush. Lips tend to lose definition and color, and become thinner with age. One of the great makeup tricks for aging skin is using a neutral lip liner to add plumpness with a sheer lipstick to avoid feathering (we like berries and browns). Use a lip liner to help define lips. Try a lip liner whose color is very close to the natural shade of your lips and both line and fill in the lips with this pencil prior to using your lip color. Carry a stash of different lipsticks in daring shades in your purse for different occasions, outfits, and moods. Use makeup to accentuate your positive qualities and make yourself feel great.
Women Over 50 and Beauty Tips
1. Using heavy makeup and powders does not compliment dryer skin.
2. Heavily powdered skin will make your skin look matte and dry.
3. Just as the pigment in our hair changes and it turns grey, the melanin in our skin changes also.
4. Don’t give into the idea that you have to own every new color that is fashionable for a particular season.
5. Use a humidifier. Use moisturizing soaps and lotions.
6. Good nutrition helps the body repair skin.
7.Drinking lots of water helps hydrate skin from the inside out.
8. Use products with SPF 15 or higher, and both UVB and UVA protection.