Although we use our eyes everyday, we rarely pay attention to them until there is some serious problem. You can maintain perfect eyesight for most of your life by following some simple remedies.
An Important Aspect of Health
If you were asked, “Do you take care of your eyes once a week or at least once a month?”, the most common reply would probably be in the negative. The eyes are considered to tbe the most important organ in ourt body and yet, people neglect to care for them. If you take care of your eyes eat lots of fruits & veggies. Carrots, loaded with beta carotene are especially helpful in maintaining healthy eyes. Do not wash the eyes or face when the body is sweating, especially after hard physical exercise or after being exposed to heat and sun. Protect your eyes from dust, smoke, strong sunlight and strong wind. Avoid staying long in such conditions.
Drink lots of milk every day. Its full of important vitamins. Eating cabbage and carrots is very beneficial for the eyes. Avoid wearing contact lenses for more than 12 hours. This can cause permanent sight damage as well as extreme discomfort. Another simple way of protecting of eyes is through ‘palming’. Rub the palms of both hands for about 30 seconds, close the eyes and gently place the warm palms over the eyes. Vitamins C, A and E, folic acid, selenium and zinc are definitely beneficial for the health of your eyes. Wear safety glasses while at work or play that may cause injury to your eyes. Never look into the sun for more than a glimpse. Dip a cotton ball in cold water and then keep it on the eyes. It gives a feeling of relaxation.
Tiredness of eyes is caused due to many reasons, like, lack of sleep, tension, stress etc. For Tired Eyes: So, some of the homemade remedies which can help to get rid of tired. A Dip two cotton pads in icy cold water and then place it over the eyes to ease to your eyes. Soak cotton balls in cold milk and place it over the eyes for about ten minutes. After ten minutes, rinse well with warm water and then with cold water. Drink plenty of water to improve the middle aqueous layer of tear film. Take vitamin C, which can be diluted when eye irritants cause the eye to water. Putting one drop of honey in each eye once a week is also beneficial to the eyes. It causes a bit of irritation, but cleans the eyes. Using your eyes in dim light can cause eyestrain. Good lighting can make reading and other close work easier.
Takec Care Eye Tips
1. Do not wash the eyes or face when the body is sweating.
2. Protect your eyes from dust, smoke, strong sunlight and strong wind.
3. For vision of eyes eat lots of green vegetables, fish and fresh fruits, especially carrot which are enriched in vitamin.
4. Wear safety glasses while at work or play that may cause injury to your eyes.
5. Always use sunglasses during the peak day time to protect your eyes from sunrays. Direct sunrays cause heavy damage to eyes.
6. Eating cabbage and carrots is very beneficial for the eyes. These should be eaten raw. It is all right to drink cabbage and carrot juice mixed together or separately.
7. Regular eye exercise maintains perfect eyesight.
8. A great way to get off eye makeup is to mix water and baby bath. Removes it in seconds, even waterproof.
9. Place a slice of potato or cucumber on both the eyes, after 10 minutes remove and wash the eyes. This helps to avoid under eye wrinkles and dark circles around the eyes.
Don’ts of eye care
* Don’t wear contact lenses for extended periods of time or overnight as this leads to complication.
* Don’t rub eyes frequently as this can cause an eye infection as few of us bother to wash our hands before touching our eyes.
* When you splash water do not do this furiously believing doing this will take away tiredness instead wash gently as splashing may hurtle the smallest dust particles or an allergen which may minutely damage the cornea.