Buying Ballroom and Latin Dance Shoes
One of the most important pieces of equipment you need for dancing is a pair of shoes. Choosing a great pair of ballroom and Latin dance shoes requires a bit of skill and a lot of common sense. Here are some things that you should look for:
1) Comfort – It is essential that you first look for comfort when you are buying ballroom and Latin dance shoes. This is because the activities you will be using the shoes with require you to spend a lot of time on your feet. The main thing that people like about dancing is the fact that it is fun. You do not want to spoil your fun by feeling the pain of bloody, wounded, swollen feet, do you?
2) Look – Of course, you want to get ballroom and Latin dance shoes that look good. This means that you need to find some leather shoes. However, most hard leather shoes do not really offer as much freedom of movement that you would like. It is important that you remember not to look in the same area where you buy ordinary corporate shoes. These are built to look good but not to dance in.
3) Mobility – This brings us to the next factor. You should definitely look for ballroom and Latin dance shoes which allow you a great freedom of movement. You need to make sure that you can perform the steps of the dance while wearing the ballroom and Latin dance shoes. The way that you move should not be affected by the shoes that you wear. You should be able to perform the steps with the same grace that you were able to without the ballroom and Latin dance shoes.
4) Durability – Ballroom and Latin dance shoes receive a lot of abuse. Thi8s is basically because of the nature of the activity. As you may know, dancing requires a lot of foot work, most of them vigorous. This means that you need to buy ballroom and Latin dance shoes that are not easily damaged.
Here is one way of testing the durability of the shoe. When you wear it, try to flex your foot and your toes. If the leather stretches, you might want to get another shoe. This is because if the leather stretches with your foot, it could develop cracks. Too soft a shoe will last you for only a couple of weeks of dancing.
5) Price – Of course, when buying ballroom and Latin dance shoes, you should always think about whether or not a particular pair is a worthy investment. You should always consider your budget. When you find the pair of ballroom and Latin dance shoes that you want, try to check out other stores to see if their prices are the same. You need to check various prices in order to get the best deal possible. This might seem to be a great deal of effort to exchange for a few bucks, but it will be worth it.
6) Specifications – There are certain stores which sell specialized ballroom and Latin dance shoes. These shoes are designed with the above factors in mind. However, these shoes could be more expensive than ordinary shoes. It is often the case that these shoes are customized specifically for a certain type of dance.