Asthma is an ancient Greek word which means panting or short drawn breath. It is the most troublesome of all the respiratory diseases. It affects twice as many boys as girls in childhood; more girls than boys in teenage and in adulthood, the ratio become 1:1 males to females.
Causes of Asthma
* Lack of exercise
* Genetic factors
* Dietary changes
* Occupational exposure
* Environmental factors
Home Remedies for Asthma cure
* In asthma treatments The patient should perspire through steam bath, hot footbath, hot hipbath and sunbath as this will stimulate the skin and relieve congested lungs.
* Honey is considered highly beneficial in asthma cure. At the time of asthma attack a jug full of honey should be placed under the nose of patient, within few minutes the patient would start breathing easily. The patient should be given garlic cloves boiled in thirty grams of milk daily.
* Steaming ginger tea with minced garlic cloves should be given twice in a day for asthma cure.
* A teaspoonful of turmeric powder with a glass of milk 2-3 times a day is recommended in asthma treatments. It is beneficial when taken empty stomach.
* During the attack mustard oil mixed with little camphor should be massaged over the back of the chest as this helps in asthma treatments.
* For asthma cure the patient should also be made to inhale steam from boiling water mixed with ajwain.
* Air, sun and water are great healing agents. The patient should sit in fresh air for sometime daily. Try to avoid dusty places, exposure to cold.
* Boil 5-6 cloves in 125 ml of water. Add one teaspoonful of honey and drink the mixture twice or thrice a day for asthma cure.
* 1-2 teaspoonfuls of Spiegel seed with warm water twice in a day helps in asthma treatments.
* Soak dry grapes in water at night and keep in cold milk for half an hour and chew them to cure asthma.
* Take fresh dry grapes with seeds and soak them in 150-200 grams of water at night. Remove the seeds in the morning and chew them slowly, one by one. In the remaining water add a little sugar and drink it for asthma treatment.
* For asthma cure mix one gram of dry ginger powder and one gram of black pepper in one teaspoon of molasses of honey.
* Boil some fenugreek seeds in 250-300 ml of water; remove from flame when one-third of it is left. Add one teaspoonful of ginger juice and one teaspoonful of honey. It is highly beneficial asthma cure.
* For asthma cure turmeric can be taken along with honey in the morning on empty stomach to reduce the intensity of attack.
* Peel dry pomegranate and keep them in a jar. Boil two raisins and some part of the peel in 250-300 ml of milk. Drink this milk twice in a day.
* Boil 20 grams of linseed in 300-350 grams of water. When one-third of water is left, sieve and add 10-15 grams of sugar candy. Drink one teaspoonful many times in an hour. This will help in the excretion of mucous that has dried up in the chest and thus helps in asthma cure.