Arthritis is a group of conditions where there is damage caused to the joints of the body. Arthritis is inflammation of one or more joints, which results in pain, swelling, stiffness, and limited movement. Arthritis is frequently accompanied by joint pain. There are over 100 different types of arthritis. Arthritis is classified as one of the rheumatic diseases. Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is traditionally considered a chronic, inflammatory autoimmune disorder that causes the immune system to attack the joints. Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis is a form of the disease that happens in children. The most common form of arthritis, osteoarthritis is also known as degenerative joint disease. There is emerging evidence that abnormal anatomy may contribute to early development of osteoarthritis.Other types or cause of arthritis include
Treatment of arthritis depends on the particular cause, which joints are affected, severity, and how the condition affects your daily activities. Gout ,scleroderma ,psoriatic arthritis ,ankylosing spondylitis ,reiter’s syndrome (reactive arthritis) ,adult atill’s disease ,viral arthritis and gonococcal arthritis. Exercise for arthritis is necessary to maintain healthy joints, relieve stiffness, reduce pain and fatigue, and improve muscle and bone strength. Aspirin, ibuprofen, or naproxen — these nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAID) drugs are often effective in combating arthritis pain. Second-line drugs used for treatment of rheumatoid arthritis include hydroxychloroquine, gold, penicillamine, azathioprine, sulfasalazine and methotrexate.
Nutritional supplements helpful in treating rheumatic diseases. Cold therapy can involve cold packs, ice massage, soaking in cold water, or over-the-counter sprays and healing salve that cool the skin and joints. Aerobic or endurance exercises (e.g., walking, bicycle riding) to improve cardiovascular fitness, help control weight, and improve overall well-being. Relaxation therapy helps reduce pain by teaching people various ways to release muscle tension throughout the body. Heat therapy increases blood flow, tolerance for pain, and flexibility. Cold therapy numbs the nerves around the joint (which reduces pain) and may relieve inflammation and muscle spasms. Capsaicin cream is a preparation put on the skin to relieve joint or muscle pain when only one or two joints are involved.
Arthritis Remedies Tips
1. Chamomilla – Useful when the person is angry and restless.
2. Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties, is a mild painkiller and strengthens connective tissue between joints.
3. Ginger is anti-inflammatory and can be used internally and externally.
4. Nettle strengthens and supports the whole body and improves elimination of waste via the kidneys.
5. Boswellia has been used for thousands of years as a natural anti-inflammatory.
6. 1 tbs juice of fresh leaves of bathua, drink every day on an empty stomach for 2-3 months.
7. Devil’s claw is useful for a wide range of joint and muscular problems as it’s an anti-inflammatory herb.
8. Hepar sulphurls calcareum: 6, four d when suppuration has taken place.