With the beginning of a new year just a few weeks away, I have a question for you to ponder…
Are you in control of your life or is your life in control of you?
Here’s a simple test to help you find out…
1. Read each of the ten questions below *very* carefully and answer each one truthfully with a simple yes or no answer.
2. Add up the number of your “yes” answers and calculate the percentage of “yes’s” you received out of 100%. To do so, simply multiply your number of “yes” answers times ten. For example, if you answer five of the ten questions with a “yes”, your score is 50%.
3. Check your score with the legend below.
1. Are you *always* on time for meetings?
2. Are you *always* on time for business appointments?
3. Are you *always* on time for personal appointments?
4. Are you within five pounds (plus or minus) of your ideal body weight?
5. Do you have one, single, overriding, clear and definite “vision” of what you want *next* in your life?
6. Do you have money set aside *specifically* to take advantage of financial opportunities when they arise?
7. Could you *easily* go an entire day without answering a telephone (and without looking to see who called – be honest here)?
8. Do you *always* do *exactly* what you say you’re going to do (in other words, do you *always* keep your commitments to yourself and others)?
9. Do you schedule your personal time, including time with your family, and treat it as an *unbreakable* appointment?
10. Do you *always* know *exactly* where your car and house keys are (in other words, can you *always* find your car and house keys when you need them without having to “look” for them)?
0-20% – Poor
Quite frankly, I’m surprised you made it this far in this article! Odds are your life is totally out of control and you’ve got some serious work to do if you want to get it under control. The good news is, regardless of how out of control your life is right now, you can get it under control.
30-40% – Fair
You’ve still got a long way to go! You must learn to follow through on your commitments and establish disciplined boundaries and rules for your life.
50-60% – Average
I’m sure average isn’t where you want to be! By changing a few attitudes and actions you could move up to excellent.
70-80% – Good
Almost there! You just need to make a few subtle changes that’ll bring you closer to being in 100% total control of your life.
90-100% – Excellent
You’re in 100% total control of your life or darn close to it! 🙂
In his book “The Personal Power Course”, Wallace D. Wattles, best known for his classic masterpiece “The Science of Getting Rich”, talked about the importance of controlling yourself in simple matters if you wish to control your environment.
If you can’t control yourself in the little things, what makes you think you can control the big things in your life?
If you can’t control yourself in something as simple as showing up to a meeting or appointment on time, what makes you think you can control your own business capable of generating you a $1,000,000.00 a year in income?
Think about it. 🙂
Copyright (c) 2006 Tony Mase