One of the most enjoyable parts in preparing for a kids birthday party is coming up with the theme. Generally, the theme of the party will depend on the age of the child. For those who are younger kids, ages 1 to 2, it would be best to come up with themes where almost all kids can relate. For toddlers and older kids who are able to decide what they would want for their parties, it is best to base the theme on their favorite cartoon characters and the like.
Tips in choosing themes
For parents, it can be hard to decide on a theme that will suit their kids best. If you are one of those who are having a hard time choosing what theme to use, here are some tips for you:
1. Conduct a simple research. This can be done by reading kiddie magazines that feature birthday themes for each age bracket or can be done by surfing the net and search for sites that offer theme ideas for kids birthday parties. Here, you will have a wide array of choices for your child and you will know how to prepare for it.
2. Know the most popular themes for kids birthday parties for the year. This is the safest way to go about choosing a theme since your child’s party will be up to date. You can get updates on the popular themes by watching shows that feature kids birthday parties or also by checking it on the Internet.
3. Choose a common theme and make your own variations. There are so many common themes for kids birthday parties these days. But if you want to be unique, you can make your own variations to suit your child’s personality. You can also mix two or more themes and come up with a new one that will definitely be a surefire hit to the guests regardless of their ages.
4. Pick a theme that would suit your kid’s personality. As a parent, you somehow know what your child’s personality is like. To make sure that he or she will enjoy the party, choose a theme that will tell about his or her individuality. In this way, you are also introducing your child’s personality to the community he or she belongs.
5. Make sure that the theme of the party is appropriate for the child’s age and gender. This is very important because it will ensure that the child would enjoy the party. To avoid him or her feel awkward, make sure that the theme is suited for his or her age as well to the gender.
For boys, the most common themes being used include a “Sports party” where younger boys can incorporate their favorite spots in the activities, the “Pirate party” where little boys can act like pirates in a pirate ship inspired venue, and a “Farm party” where boys can experience how it is like to live in farm by preparing foods and decorating the venue like a real farm.
For little girls, the most popular theme would be the “Princess party” where the celebrator is dressed like an olden day princess and the venue is decorated like a castle, “Pop star party” where younger girls can imitate and dress up like their favorite pop stars, or an “Arts and Crafts party” where older girls can enjoy making crafts as part of the activities during the kids birthday party.