There are lots of informational resources that you can use to learn horse training. One of these info sources is horse training books. Check out the most popular training books out in the market today.
1. First Aid for Horses by Eleanor Kellon – when you’re training horses, it is important to know about first aid. You’ll never know when an accident or an injury is going to happen. You must learn about proper splinting techniques and proper horse care. That way, when an emergency situation arises, you will know what to do. This book provides step-by-step guide which are concise and easy to understand. The pages are color-coded so that you can easily find the information you need.
2. Become Perfect Partners (Kelly Marks) – every horse trainer wants to be the horse’s perfect partner. This book can help you in identifying toxic plants from safe-to-eat plants. The book contains an organized list of plants like ferns, vines, shrubs, trees, wildflowers, weeds, horsetails, and grasses. Clear photographs are provided for easy identification when you’re in the outdoors.
3. Winning at Halter (Denny Hassett) – Hassett is champion in handling halter horses. In this book, you will learn the secrets to feeding, grooming, fitting, and training. Whether you’re joining congress or world halter competitions, this book will be of great use to you. The book also contains colored and detailed photos that demonstrate the techniques.
4. Horse Owner’s Field Guide to Toxic Plants (Sandra Burger) – this book is similar to ‘Become Perfect Partners’. You can keep the book in your barn’s medical cabinet or you can also take it with you when you’re at the outdoors.
5. Complete Plans for Building Horse Barns Big and Small (Mary Harcourt and Nancy Ambroisiano) – if you’re starting out as a horse trainer, you probably want to save money in building the horse barns. Well, you can use this book as a guide to building the perfect barn for your horse. The book contains instructions on how to build simple barns to sheds. The book will also teach you about the appropriate barns to build depending on the local climate, zoning requirements, and function. You will also be guided on site selection, preparation, planning, the right materials to use, and finally, the construction.
6. 101 Dressage Exercises (Jean Aristotle Ballou) – equestrians all over the globe are interested in purchasing this book. This book provides a step-by-step guide on how carry out the dressage exercises. This kind of exercise is less dangerous and strenuous on the part of the horse. It also provides training tips for dressage riders.
7. Conformation and Performance (Nancy Loving) – according to this book, the performance of each
horse depends on his conformation. The different characteristics of each horse are discussed well in the book. It also provides info on the appropriate training strategies to use and the performance consequences.
8. Bringing Up Baby (John Lyons) – this is a great book for horse trainers handling young horses. You will learn about the basics of horse training such as building trust and confidence. The instructions are coupled with photos for better understanding of the readers. Lessons such as haltering, clipping, bathing, catching, tying, leading, and longeing are included in the book.
These are the most popular horse training books sold in the market today. You can purchase the books from online stores and in your local bookstores. Get any of the books now.