Nowadays the problem of Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is increasing in both children as well as in adults. The category of ADHD is of highly controversial. It includes the main problem like:
1. Problem related with attention
2. Difficulties remaining physically and mentally relaxed and composed
Some of the important causes of ADHD are consumption of excess sugar, failure in the coordination in the reticular activating system of the brain, impairment in the neural coordination, due to some allergies, deprivation of oxygen at the time of birth, lead poisoning, dietary deficiencies, family history, smoking during pregnancy and many more.
Some of the important symptoms of ADHD are –
1. Facing difficulties in organizing task and activities
2. Making lots of careless mistakes while doing school activities
3. Not proper listening to the things what is being said
4. Misplacing and losing the belongings
5. Fidgeting and squirming in seats
6. Excessively talking
7. Difficulty in playing quietly
8. Not attentive to their class
9. Interrupting or intruding on others
These are the main symptoms which can be seen in children as well as adult. These symptoms are followed by learning related visual problems, sensory integration dysfunction and the allergies which are undiagnosed. Some people suffer from the symptoms of sensitivities to something they breathe, drink or eat.
Some of the important treatments are available for ADHD.
1. Conventional Approach Treatment
2. Alternative Approach Treatment
3. Herbal Treatment
4. Natural and Home Made Treatment
Herbal treatments are very effective in the treatment of ADHD.
1. One of the most important herbs for the treatment of ADHD is Brahmi. It is famous for its long history strengthening of thinking skills. While stimulating the learning process it is even better than drug deprenyl (Bhattacharya). Brahmi protects the brain from free radical damage.
2. A natural herb known as Ginkgo Biloba is very effective for the treatment of ADHD. Usually this herb is used in Chinese medicine. Ginkgo keeps the circulatory system healthy. It is very effective especially for the patient of older age suffering from memory loss and forgetfulness and in younger kids with focus difficulties.
3. Schisandra is one of the herbs which are frequently used for the treatment of ADHD. It increases the efficiency of the brain and the nervous system. It is a multi-use ADHD herbal remedy. This particular herb is very effective for the treatment of night sweats, diarrhea and also in insomnia. There are many herbal remedies for the treatment of ADHD.