Acne is a common skin disorder which results from the action of hormones on the skins sebaceous glands that leads to plugged pores (blackheads and whiteheads), and outbreaks of cysts or nodules commonly known as pimples. They may occur on the face, neck, chest, back, shoulders and even on the upper arms. The acne affects mostly the teenagers.
Causes of Acne
* All forms of acne have their origin in wrong feeding habits, such as irregular hours of eating, improper food, excess of starches and fatty foods.
* Chronic constipation is major cause of acne.
Home Remedies for Acne
* Application of a pack made by boiling 50 gm of raspberry, strawberry or blackberry leaves with 1.5 litres of water for 3-5 minutes will give itching free and soothing skin.
* For acne treatment mix natural yogurt and fine oatmeal to a thick paste, apply it and leave to dry. Wash the face with lukewarm water and then pat dry.
* The orange peel is valuable in the acne treatment.
* For acne treatment make a paste by mixing honey and cinnamon powder. Apply this paste while sleeping and wash the face next morning.
* Unboiled milk mixed with gram flour has been proved effective for the daily wash of acne skin.
* For acne treatment mix one tablespoon of groundnut oil with one tablespoon of lime juice for treating pimples.
* Apply fresh lime juice mixed with a half glass of boiled milk for acne treatment, treating pimples, blackheads and cracked skin.
* Apply ripe tomatoes paste on pimples and wash with it after keeping for an hour.
* Apply fresh mint juice every night for acne treatment.
* Drink a glass of wheat grass juice daily to remove acne and for acne cure.
* Make a paste of turmeric powder in mint juice, keep it for 30 minutes and then wash with lukewarm water as it helps in acne cure.
* Apply a paste of fresh fenugreek leaves in water, keep it overnight and wash the face with warm water in next morning.
* Mix lime juice and rose water in equal portions and apply at every night after thoroughly washing the face. Keep it for 30-35 minutes and then again wash the face and pat dry.
Prevention for Acne
Acne is common in teens and twenties, and a serious disorder of the sebaceous glands, requires proper care and medication. To keep skin conditions under control, follow the following suggestions:
* Reduce the oiliness of the skin to prevent acne.
* Remove the blackheads regularly to prevent acne.
* Have a well-balanced, regular diet with lots of fresh fruit juices.
* Try to avoid chocolates, nuts, fried and fatty foods as this make the chances of acne infection more.
* Vitamin C and vitamin E are antioxidants that rejuvenate the skin, so the diet rich in these vitamins should be included in daily diet.
* Vitamin E is important to prevent scarring from acne and removing old scars.