If you wake in the morning to a view of your bedroom, clothes piled up or on the floor, piles of books around the room, a computer in the corner surrounded by papers, a chair with so many things on it you couldn’t possibly sit on it, and then you open the squeaky door to your bathroom and find a dripping tap and things everywhere….. guess what kind of day you will likely create?
A squeaky life is like a broken record – it just keeps going around and around.
Something has got to give, and it’s always the weakest link emotionally or physically.
In Feng Shui, you create a sanctuary that nurtures, nourishes, inspires and supports you in being all that you can be. Living your life on purpose is a struggle if your home is not supporting you.
When the energy is moving well in your home, you’ll be supported in attracting everything you need to do what you’re here to do. Creating a stress free and harmonious environment sets the tone for a very different day and a very different life.
There’s a lot you can do yourself now, to create an environment that supports you.
9 Feng Shui Tips to Eliminate Blocked Energy in Your Home.
1. Check the plumbing: Water represents prosperity. When you have leaky pipes or taps, it’s your prosperity that’s going down the drain. Take a look under sinks and watch for any sign of water. Even your shower fitting dripping will be sending your prosperity away.
2. Fix anything broken: When you’re tolerating things not working as they should, your energy is drained. Which means the energy you are putting out into the world is not as it should be, and you’ll be attracting back less than you desire. Either fix them or get rid of them.
3. Check your stove: The ability to cook food represents abundance. Your stove is a symbol of prosperity. Ensure your stove is kept clean and in good working order. A burner that doesn’t work represents a loss of money. It’s also good to make use of all burners, rather than favoring one or two as this represents taking advantage of all opportunities.
4. Replace burnt out light bulbs: These represent burnt out energy and a lack of passion. You definitely want to be as ‘lit up as possible’ – which doesn’t mean wasting energy by turning on lots of lights. It’s important that all light bulbs work should you choose to turn them on. And even if you never turn on a particular light – it’s important the bulb does actually work.
5. Fix squeaking hinges and floor boards: Hinges that squeak represent arguments, and if you have loose floorboards, they usually reflect feelings of uncertainty or insecurity. They also represent your joints, so get them moving freely and you’ll be more supported. Hearing squeaks is a constant drain on your energy.
6. Repair broken or cracked windows: Windows are the eyes of your home and they symbolize your own clear vision. Avoid eye problems and gain clarity by fixing any broken windows. If you feel you are lacking in vision, wash and clean your windows. The same applies to your car.
7. Unstick windows and doors: Stuck windows affect career and relationships by encouraging conflict. And stuck doors stop the energy entering your home or a particular room. This will impact all areas of your life. Same happens if you have clutter behind a door stopping it opening fully. Unstick doors and windows and remove clutter and let energy into your life.
8. Mend broken or cracked steps or pathways: If you have to walk over broken or unstable steps, concrete or tiles, it will make it difficult to attract opportunity to your life. In Feng Shui, pathways correspond to your bone structure. It’s important both are strong.
9. Clear your clutter: Remember clutter is anything unfinished, unused, unresolved, tolerated or disorganized. And it will all be bogging you down.
In Feng Shui clearing your clutter is the first thing to do. Clearing clutter will hvae a huge impact on you. All the tips above are examples of clutter and give you somewhere to start.
You don’t need to have your life be like a broken record, going around and around with nothing ever changing.
Action Step: What is one thing you can do today to ensure the energy is flowing freely in your home and your environment is supporting you in living your best life?