If you are throwing a Halloween party, one of the things you have to prepare is the food. Since people won’t be sitting but rather taking a few dips of what is available, here are some great treats you should have.
1. First is the Brown Spider. For this, you will need a few Ritz crackers, pretzel sticks, a pack of Hershey kisses, a tube or red and white cake frosting. Now take one cracker and spread it with some peanut butter. Then you put 4 pretzels and place this on each side to act as the spider’s legs. Put another cracker on top to cover it up then spray it with cake frosting.
2. For the vegetarians out there, you can serve them Fungi Salad. For this, you will need spinach cream, lettuce, carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes, radishes and red onions. Put the spinach in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to cool while you wash the other vegetables in cold water. Dry the lettuce using a paper towel and then cut the other vegetables into small pieces. Put this into bowl and then pour in cooled spinach cream.
3. Next is the Meatloaf Mice. For this, you will need some catsup, ground beef, turkey, onions, carrots, uncooked spaghetti noodles, spaghetti sauce, raisins, oatmeal, salt and paper.
When you have all these ingredients, start by cutting the carrot horizontally to make some mouse ears and vertically to make the mouse tail then steam until it becomes crisp tender.
Put the meat loaf on a baking sheet after you mix the rest of the ingredients and shaping it into a mice shaped loaf before throwing this into the oven. Bake for 45 minutes and when it is finished, cut little slits so you can put in the carrot ears and tail. Break the uncooked spaghetti noodles into small pieces so this will be the nose of the mouse. Pour the cooked spaghetti sauce and serve.
4. If you carved a pumpkin, then this recipe will make the most of the contents you removed since you are going to use it to make a pumpkin cake. Aside from the pumpkin, you will need some eggs, sugar, oil, all purpose flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nut or raisins.
Put the eggs and sugar into the food processor until it is smooth. Add the other ingredients and stir until it is cooked. When it’s done, turn the batter into two round cake molds that are greased and lightly floured. Put this in the oven at 350F for about 40 minutes. Unmold these and then stack it together. Put orange tinted frosting on top and then put it on the dinner table.
5. As for refreshments, you can serve sewage slurpers. You will need chocolate chip ice cream, chocolate syrup and club soda.
When the ice cream is easy to scoop, put this into glasses at least halfway. Now, pour in 3 tablespoons of chocolate syrup. Last, fill it to the top with club soda and stir well with a spoon. You can top it off with an unwrapped tootsie roll and a straw.
There are other Halloween dishes which you can serve in the party. Although the names sound gross, don’t be fooled by it because you are sure to have a hearty meal once you put it in your mouth.