As you may well know, there is no magic cure for herpes. There’s nothing out there, DMSO, nonoxynol-9, and hydrogen peroxide included, that can change the fact that the virus is a permanent fixture in your body. However, this does not mean that the virus will be active in your body at all times. There are effective herpes treatments. If you knew that the herpes virus would rather stay dormant in your body, wouldn’t you take all possible measures to ensure that it did?
1. Making peace with the virus is your ultimate goal. There are many spiritual tools available to you for use, such as medication, visualization and affirmations that can bring you to a place of peace and balance. Letting go of all anger, resentment, negative emotions and belief systems is an important aspect. The first step in all of this is forgiveness. This forgiveness is not just for yourself, but also for the person from whom you contracted herpes.
2. Assure yourself that there is no reason to feel dirty or ashamed for having herpes. You are not alone, and many people think of herpes as comparable to a simple skin infection. Forgive yourself and accept the fact that although the virus is not going away, it does not have to control your life. Herpes does not make you any less of a person, any less beautiful, or less of anything than you always have been.
3. Share the burden of knowing you have herpes with your close friends, partners and family. Reaching out for support will help you become at peace with your virus. Most often, how you view yourself is largely affected by how others view you. You might be surprised how much your loved ones’ support will change your outlook and sustain you at a peaceful level for the duration of your life.
4. Even the most dormant herpes can easily be triggered by stress, a poor diet, sun exposure, excess yeast, unprotected sex with someone else who is affected, lack of sleep, and overindulgence in alcohol or drugs.
5. Use tools like prayer, meditation, breathing, and yoga exercises to make peace with your herpes. Use any methods that work for you because this is something you will need to come to terms with for a healthy quality of life. Making peace with the virus is synonymous with forgiving yourself. Let go of anger and resentment that stems from either the person or situation that caused you to contract the virus. Doing this will help you diminish the virus to a non-factor in your life.
Diet Choices- Avoid all forms of caffeine, nicotine, and don’t drink alcohol in excess. Steer clear of carob, raisins, cereal grains, and gelatin. Low sugar foods and whole grain breads and pastas are important. Get plenty of omega fatty acids with flax and hemp seeds, mackerel, tuna, sardines, avocados, and olives. Eat 2.5% milk fat organic yogurt daily. Take a garlic supplement or consume plenty of garlic. Take a selenium supplement or eat brewers yeast. Avoid supplements with L-lysine, which can be detrimental to your immune system. Getting plenty of exercise or playing sports are great stress reducers!