We live in an age when the expanse and content of knowledge seems to increase exponentially on a daily basis.
The good news is that with so much Information Technology at our disposal, learning and taking in new information becomes an easier process.
And that means keeping your brain in tip-top mental (and physical!) condition
So, if you want to keep all the progress and advance of knowledge in the twenty first century at the tip of your brain cells, here are 7 sure fire tips to help keep your brain mentally charged and so boost your brain power!
1. Get Sufficient Exercise: Physical exercise is good for your brain as well as your body. Exercise increases the flow of Oxygen to your brain, helping to improve your concentration and allowing you to think clearer, sharper and faster. And the more you exercise your brain, the better it will perform and the better you will feel. You will be able to concentrate better, make decisions faster, solve problems more quickly and be more creative. And now we know that exercise also helps to promote the growth of new brain cells.
2. Get a Good Night’s Sleep. Research from the University of California suggests that if you have been awake for 21 hours straight, your abilities are equivalent to someone who is legally drunk. Sleep allows your brain to process new memories, practice new skills and solve problems. So a good night’s sleep is essential to boost your brain power. How many hours sleep constitutes a good night’s sleep will vary between individuals, but between 6 8 hours sleep is normally considered to be sufficient.
3. Stay off the Carbohydrates. An excess of simple carbohydrates in your diet (such as processed flour and sugary foods) can cause your body to go through “sugar highs” and “sugar blues”. And the resulting effect is bad for your brain, causing you to be irritable and inattentive. It’s much better to consume in your diet complex carbohydrates, such as vegetables and legumes. These foods will supply your brain with a steady source of energy, so helping to boost your brain power.
4. Increase your intake of Omega 3 oils. Evidence as to the benefits of including omega 3 oils in the diet now seems overwhelming. Omega-3 oils, (or Omega-3 Fatty Acids) are necessary for brain health because they provide fluidity to cell membranes and improve communication between brain cells. They may help to boost learning power, but also greatly enhance mood.
5. Do a Sudoku puzzle. Sudoku puzzles have found millions of fans worldwide. They are fun to solve and are perfect for keeping your brain sharp all day long, as they help your brain to develop logic, reasoning skills and concentration.
6. Eat a bar of Chocolate. Good news for Chocolate lovers! Research evidence hints that eating milk chocolate may boost brain function, as the substances like Theobromine, Phenylethylamine and Caffeine, act as stimulants that lead to increased mental performance. In fact, phenylethylamine has been called the “love drug” because it quickens your pulse, as if you are in love!
7. Harness the power of Creative Visualization. Creative Visualization is a technique that involves the use of mental energy to transform and improve the life of the individual who uses the technique. You can use your brain’s mental energy to improve your life because your imagination is incredibly powerful and, when used correctly, can enhance your life by creating what you really want. Creative visualisation can be used to accelerate learning, improve memory and motivation, and of course, improve brain power!
So, why not try and put these 7 sure fire tips into action? Boosted brain power can only be a good thing as we continue to benefit from the advances of the twenty first century!