How often do you get up in the morning and feel great?
For most people, the answer is not very often if ever at all. The standard mode is getting out of bed because you have to and from there living the rest of the day with a low level feeling of unease.
Joy and generally feeling good doesnt even enter the equation, we tend to just keep busy with all the endless things there are to do and then look forward to the weekends as a reprieve. Its not much of a life!
So here are 5 top ways that you can begin to do to feel good right now:
1. Accept that you are worthy for one reason or another most people grow up with a sense of worthlessness. It usually stems from being made wrong as a child by your parents or guardians and is carried through into adulthood. It gets ingrained into the psyche and becomes an unconscious belief that is not questioned. So begin by noticing how you feel when you accept that you are worthy;
2. Understand that the you as a representative of the world, are abundant when you look at nature, the birds, trees, grass, sun, air, you see that there is an abundance of stuff out there and it never stops. In fact its always growing and giving more, each single plant has a multitude of seeds and will produce many more plants as long as theres fertile soil around. So when you consider that humans are simply one living organism in the world in the same way that cats are a living organism, then doesnt it make sense that the same principles that cover all of nature would cover us also? By understanding this, you accept that the nature within you is exactly the same nature as in everything and that is one of abundance!
3. Look to add value in everything you do why is it important to add value in what you do? Because we feel good when we give. There are people out there that still look to always take as they feel that they need that to enhance themselves in someway, however when you understand the above (that you are abundant), you can then start to give. Now Im not saying that you have to give something physical, its about adding value and value is not something physical often. It could be something as simple as smiling at someone as youre walking or doing something that you wouldnt normally do at home, like possibly making your bed before you leave for work in the morning. It could be anything, but youll know when youve done it because it has you feel good.
4. Allow life to be as it is, through Acceptance you may find yourself in a situation that youre not really pleased about, so what do you do? You can resist, complain and get stressed about it, which doesnt actually change the situation, or you can accept it fully. Note that accepting things as they are isnt about condoning, you can accept something without agreeing with it. For example you see a lion kill a zebra, you may not like it but its simply the way it is and you cant change that. In most situations we have 4 choices, we can struggle and complain, we can remove ourselves, we take action to change it or we can accept it fully. Acceptance means there’s no inner resistance to what shows up. For many people, as soon as an obstacle arises, they become resistant, and go into a negative state and try to fight the obstacle. All this does is creates stress and pain and you end up doing more damage to yourself in the long run.
5. Be grateful gratitude puts you in touch with the abundance discussed above. Even when you think that youre circumstances are really tough and youve got nothing to be grateful for, there is always something. For example, if youre reading this, it means youre alive and have your senses, this is a miracle in itself. Also youre sitting at a computer with an internet connection, someone created these amazing devices and we get to enjoy them. The list is truly endless, its just a matter of whether youre willing to look and the thing is, you start to feel great when you begin to appreciate anything and everything.
So the next time you notice that youre not feeling so good, think of just one of the above and practice it, youll be feeling great in no time and loving life.
For more great tips like this, join the Mindfulness Series at http://www.studentisready.com or visit the blog site at http://www.studentisready.com/blog