In Think and Grow Rich. Napoleon Hill wrote nothing is impossible to the person who backs DESIRE with enduring FAITH.. Lets simplify that by saying nothing is impossible to the person who establishes a definite goal and truly believes that they can attain that goal.
Once youve established your goal, there are two key elements necessary to accomplishing that goal, a definite date and a definite plan. Ive learned that its easier to accomplish things if we break them down into small tasks. You dont just put the whole steak in your mouth, you cut it up into small bite sized pieces. Not only does it taste better, but its also easier for your body to digest. You should break your goals down the same way.
Accomplishing Any Goal is just 5 Easy Steps away:
1. Establish a definite date Set your goals in reverse. Pick a date of completion and work backward. Ex. Set a goal for the end of the month and then set short term goals for each day through the end of the month. This way you are setting short and long term goals and each day as you accomplish your short term goals you move one step closer to accomplishing your long term goal. Dont forget to include personal development goals and days off.
2. Keep a calendar Take the goal you set for the end of the month and write that goal in on the last day of the month. Then write down the short term goals for each day through the end of the month.
3. One at a time Dont try to cram everything into one day. If you try to post to your blogs, post to the forums, post classified ads, participate in groups, submit articles and work on your Squidoo lenses, etc. all in one day youll burn yourself out. Instead, focus on one or two things every day and then cross it off. Mark an X on the calendar on the days you complete the scheduled tasks.
4. Set a time limit Aim for one to two hours per day. By limiting the time you are spending and focusing on one or two tasks every day, youll build momentum and increase your success rate.
5. Stick with it Stick with your schedule. Switching things up too often can get in the way of your success.
With a written plan, youll make accomplishing your goals easier. At the end of the month when you see more Xs than empty squares, youll feel more accomplished. By implementing the 5 Easy Steps to Accomplishing Any Goal, youll find yourself making progress, building self-confidence and reaching and accomplishing your long term goals.