Ready for some tennis quotes? If you’re a Martina Navratilova fan you are! This month we celebrate this tennis great’s birthday. Here are 14 tennis quotes (many her own) to celebrate her love for the game and her contributions to the world of tennis.
1. Disability is a matter of perception. If you can do just one thing well, you’re needed by someone. ~ Martina Navratilova
2. If you can react the same way to winning and losing, that’s a big accomplishment. That quality is important because it stays with you the rest of your life, and there’s going to be a life after tennis that’s a lot longer than your tennis life. ~ Chris Evert
3. The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I’ll never be as good as a wall. ~ Mitch Hedberg
4. Tennis and golf are best played, not watched. ~ Roger Kahn quotes
5. I think the key is for women not to set any limits. ~ Martina Navratilova
6. Tennis is a perfect combination of violent action taking place in an atmosphere of total tranquility. ~ Billie Jean King
7. The fifth set is not about tennis, it’s about nerves. ~ Boris Becker 8. What makes something special is not just what you have to gain, but what you feel there is to lose. ~ Andre Agassi
9. Women’s tennis is the leader in women’s sports. Equal prize money is a no-brainer. ~ Billie Jean King
10. The difference between involvement and commitment is like ham and eggs. The chicken is involved; the pig is committed. ~ Martina Navratilova
11. By the way, what a polite game tennis is. The chief word in it seems to be “sorry” and admiration of each other’s play crosses the net as frequently as the ball. ~ Sir James Matthew Barrie
12. Your inner beliefs and notions about tennis, create, govern and become everything you do on the court. ~ Dale LePrevost
13. Labels are for filing. Labels are for clothing. Labels are not for people. ~ Martina Navratilova
14. The mark of great sportsmen is not how good they are at their best, but how good they are their worst. ~ Martina Navratilova
Most of the people who have met Martina Navratilova or have watched her play tennis admire her skill and personality. From winning on the court to becoming a role model for millions, she’s made quite the impression on many. Whether you admire her tennis skills or admire her bravery as a person, these 14 tennis quotes are a great way to celebrate her birthday this year.