What’s more romantic than love quotes? And how better to celebrate Sneak a Kiss Day (June 15th) than with a few love quotes shared between you and your significant other?
Okay, so maybe Sneak a Kiss Day was created for the purpose of selling greeting cards. That doesn’t mean you and your sweetheart can’t share some love quotes with one another to make the day special!
1. “I have been astonished that men could die martyrs for their religion – I have shudder’d at it. I shudder no more. I could be martyr’d for my religion. Love is my religion and I could die for that. I could die for you. ~ John Keats
2. “The greatest thing you’ll ever learn is to love and be loved in return.” ~ Natalie Cole
3. “True love is like ghosts, which everybody talks about and few have seen.” ~ La Rochefoucauld
4. “Better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all.” ~ St. Augustine
5. “There is no remedy for love but to love more.” ~ Thoreau
6. “Love is the irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.” ~ Mark Twain
7. “A kiss is a lovely trick, designed by nature, to stop words when speech becomes superfluous.” ~ Ingrid Bergman
8. “A man reserves his true and deepest love not for the species of woman in whose company he finds himself electrified and enkindled, but for that one in whose company he may feel tenderly drowsy.” ~ George Jean Nathan
9. “And now here is my secret, a very simple secret; it is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye.” ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery
10. “Had I the heavens’ embroidered cloths, enwrought with golden and silver light, the blue and the dim and the dark cloths of night and light and the half-light, I would spread the cloths under your feet.” ~ William Butler Yeats
11. “I believe that love cannot be bought except with love.” ~ John Steinbeck
12. “If music be the food of love, play on…” ~ Shakespeare
13. “Where there is love, there is life” ~ Mahatma Gandhi
14. “To love is to receive a glimpse of heaven.” ~ Karen Sunde
If you love someone, use Sneak a Kiss Day as an excuse to show your love. Never hesitate to express your love in words. Those who think love quotes are silly or corny have never truly been in love.