August 6th is Wiggle Your Toes Day and what better way to celebrate than with some inspirational quotes that will have you kicking off your shoes and letting those toes loose? As crazy as it may sound, wiggling your toes can be good for the body and soul. Don’t believe me? These 14 inspirational quotes may just change your mind.
1. “The human foot is a masterpiece of engineering and a work of art.” ~ Leonardo da Vinci
2. “Think of the magic of that foot, comparatively small, upon which your whole weight rests. It’s a miracle, and the dance…is a celebration of that miracle.” ~ Martha Washington
3. “Dancing is the poetry of the foot.” ~ John Dryden
4. “You will never stub your toe standing still. The faster you go, the more chance there is of stubbing your toe, but the more chance you have of getting somewhere.” ~ Charles F. Kettering
5. “My mother told me I was dancing before I was born. She could feel my toes tapping wildly inside her for months.” ~ Ginger Rogers
6. “Earth’s crammed with heaven, And every common bush afire with God: But only he who sees takes off his shoes.” ~ Elizabeth Barrett Browning
7. “Angels cry because they want to experience what you and I feel: the moment. They live in eternity. They don’t know what it is like to read a newspaper and get ink on your fingers. They don’t know what it is like to take your shoes off and wiggle your toes under the dinner table.” ~ Carlos Santana
8. “Stretching his hand up to reach the stars, too often man forgets the flowers at his feet.” ~ Jeremy Bentham
9. “Stretch your feet according to your blanket.” ~ Turkish Proverb
10. “The island is a one-stop shop for wilderness and outdoor adventure. You can get your feet dirty by day and be pampered at night.” ~ Claire Ellis
11. “What a wonderful beautiful thing, to wiggle your toes.” ~ Dalton Trumbo
12. “The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life’s plain, common work as it comes, certain that.” ~ Robert Louis Stevenson
13. “Ten fingers, ten toes. She’s laughter and teardrops. So small and brand new and amazingly angelic. She’s sent to bless you. She’s one special baby. The best of life’s treasure and will grant and bless you many hours of great pleasure.” ~ Author Unknown
14. “I recall fondly, as a kid, … when my dad would hyperextend my big toe playing the ‘This Little Piggy Went to Market’ game. I don’t recall it hurting, and I’m pretty sure I didn’t miss a football game, or a game of ‘Kick the Can,’ for that matter, because of it.” ~ Jeff Fisher
Wiggling your toys may seem like a small, silly and inconsequential task; however, never underestimate the power of a good toe tension release. These inspirational quotes are a wonderful reminder of the big roles our little toes play in our daily lives.