It’s Anti-Boredom Month and what better way to keep yourself entertained than with some fun and uplifting inspirational quotes. Nothing can bring on the blues like dark and dreary boredom, so let’s make sure we don’t get down in the dumps this month and use these 14 inspirational quotes to keep our spirits up and a smile on our faces.
1. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no help at all.” ~ Dale Carnegie
2. “Pay as little attention to discouragement as possible. Plough ahead as a steamer does, rough or smooth – rain or shine. To carry your cargo and make your port is the point.” ~ Maltbie Davenport Babcock
3. “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.” ~ Henry David Thoreau
4. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” ~ Mark Twain
5. “That some achieve great success, is proof to all that others can achieve it as well.” ~ Abraham Lincoln
6. “The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.” ~ Mark Twain
7. “A certain amount of opposition is a great help to a man. Kites rise against, not with the wind.” ~ John Neal
8. “Every day brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes, and dance.” ~ Oprah Winfrey
9. “To know that nothing hurts the godly, is a matter of comfort; but to be assured that all things which fall out shall co-operate for their good, that their crosses shall be turned into blessings, that showers of affliction water the withering root of their grace and make it flourish more; this may fill their hearts with joy till they run over.” ~ Thomas Watson
10. “How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these.” ~ George Washington Carver
11. “People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they’re not on your road doesn’t mean they’ve gotten lost.” ~ Dalai Lama
12. “If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it.” ~ Albert Einstein
13. “Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason has once accepted, in spite of your changing moods.” ~ C.S. Lewis
14. “Divide each difficulty into as many parts as necessary to resolve it.” ~ Descartes
With so many enlightening and inspiring quotes to enjoy, there’s no reason to be bored during Anti-Boredom month. Share these inspirational quotes with some friends and spread enlightenment, inspiration and fun.