With Father’s Day right around the corner, I thought it’d be the perfect time to share some funny quotes that will be sure to get dad laughing. After all, some say that laughter is the best gift in the world. Share some of these funny quotes with dad and I think he’ll agree.
1. “When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years.” ~ Mark Twain
2. “By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he’s wrong.” ~ Charles Wadsworth
3. “A father is a man who expects his children to be as good as he meant to be.” ~ Carol Coats
4. “If the new American father feels bewildered and even defeated, let him take comfort from the fact that whatever he does in any fathering situation has a fifty percent chance of being right.” ~ Bill Cosby
5. “To be a successful father…there’s one absolute rule: when you have a kid, don’t look at it for the first two years.” ~ Ernest Hemingway
6. “A man’s desire for a son is usually nothing but the wish to duplicate himself in order that such a remarkable pattern may not be lost to the world.” ~ Helen Rowland
7. “The place of the father in the modern suburban family is a very small one, particularly if he plays golf.” ~ Bertrand Russell
8. “A father carries pictures where his money used to be.” ~ Author Unknown
9. “The thing to remember about fathers is… they’re men. A girl has to keep it in mind: They are dragon-seekers, bent on improbable rescues. Scratch any father, you find someone chock-full of qualms and romantic terrors, believing change is a threat, like your first shoes with heels on, like your first bicycle…” ~ Phyllis McGinley
10. “Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother rather than all major credit cards.” ~ Robert Orben
11. “Becoming a father is easy enough, but being one can be very rough.” ~ Wilhelm Busch
Nothing in life can be both under-appreciated and rewarding at the same time, except for being a father. Let these 11 funny quotes remind you just how special dad is this Father’s Day.