Metabolism basically means the count of calories you burn per day. Repeatedly you might have read articles about accelerating the rate of metabolism. The most common are consuming highly nutritious food and performing workouts. If your metabolism rate is slower, it shows you are burning less calories. In order to increase the rate, you must follow the below tips:
1) Do not observe fasting because you burn too many calories at once, which is really harmful to your body. In this process your muscles turn weak and you face dehydration rather than minimizing the fat content.
2) Dine about 6-8 times a day by consuming nutritious items such as fruits and vegetables.
3) A heavy breakfast is a key factor in increasing the rate of metabolism. Since you are awake for the whole day, the rate of metabolism is fast.
4) There are many kinds of healthy fats available such as nuts, fish, olive oil, and flax oil. They can be substitutes for processed carbs.
5) Consume less sugar so that the insulin production is regulated and you will thus burn calories easily.
6) Eat about 1 gm of protein per pound because the excessive fat content will be drained away.
7) Remember that alcohol is harmful for people planning to lose weight. It prevents fat burning and contains 100s of calories.
8) Green tea and water are the best forms of beverages that do not affect the metabolism process. So use them instead of tea, coffee and alcohol.
9) Night shifts are normally not advisable, but if you think they are unavoidable then follow the above-mentioned tips carefully.
10) Stay as active as you can. Run when you need to walk, do not keep sitting and working, move your arms, stand up once in a while etc. These small steps will also assist in your metabolism.